Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

In recent years they showed clips from the West Chester Christmas Parade, hosted by Dan and Carolyn.  I enjoyed it.  They didn't even show that this year??

@ValuSkr, the parade has been on at least twice so far.....it was on yesterday afternoon and again this morning. 

uhhh, @nomless  I wrote that post in 2015 ....

Honored Contributor

Appears no special programming this year.  Just repeats of previous shows.  I won't bother to watch.  I wonder how Q and HSN will change in 2019.  I dislike them repeating the same products, but with different reps on each channel.  I know the answer--don't watch.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

In recent years they showed clips from the West Chester Christmas Parade, hosted by Dan and Carolyn.  I enjoyed it.  They didn't even show that this year??

@ValuSkr.  Yes, they had the parade to fill some time.  I watched a bit.  It was all high school bands and some tractors.  Very boring parade.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Old thread from 2015, resurrected by @Tweety913

Respected Contributor
As long as people watch and likely purchase nothing will change. I agree it is a shame. At least in my area on this sacred day almost 100% of stores and restaurants are closed. I fear over time this will aldo change. There is plenty to watch on TV besides the selling and West Chester parade especially for those with cable TV.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tweety913  They do give their employees off.   Everything they are showing is recorded.  Live programming won't be on till tomorrow morning.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kindaglitzy   Everything is closed here.   Yesterday Walmart closed at 6pm and won't re open till tomorrow morning. 

Honored Contributor

@Tweety913 wrote:

I think it’s absolutely disgraceful, that this global retail empire (now, with TWO television channels) doesn’t give all their employees the ENTIRE day and night of  Christmas off. (I believe they’re off for most of the daytime hours, but then return in the evening.)  I think the way they make their employees shove a sacred day like Christmas down our throats as early as July, when we’re all cooking in the heat of summer, they should even give them Christmas Eve off.  (I know a lot of people like “Christmas in July”.  But for me, it chips away at the sacredness of the day, which is only TRULY felt during the actual season, when Christ was born.) 

I know QVC is a retail organization, which thrives on holidays for their profits.  Just the same, they are starting to remind me of the evil empire WalMart, when it comes to treatment of their employees and time off.  (And I know this from experience, since I had the misfortune of working for WalMart.)

@Tweety913  According to my TV guide, QVC's regular programming doesn't resume until the 26th at 8:00 a.m.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@nomless wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@ValuSkr, the parade has been on at least twice so far.....it was on yesterday afternoon and again this morning. 

uhhh, @nomless  I wrote that post in 2015 ....

Oh, dear. The thread was resurrected by Tweety913.  I failed to notice I was responding to a 3-year old post. I will be more diligent about checking dates before responding.

Trusted Contributor

I miss the programming QVC had in the past.  I loved seeing the hosts, some with their children, cooking or baking their family favorite holiday dishes.  They would have some hosts singing Christmas songs, they would have some local children singing, hints on wrapping packages, making bows, etc.

Then the last few years it was mostly the Blue Jean Chef cooking fast meals, treats, etc.  It was okay, but I still missed the programing they had years ago.

This year was TERRIBLE!   Only showing taped shows and the parade!