Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@momtochloe  Brighthouse was bought out by Fathom?    I think that is the right name.  I am on HD channel 1326 and it is very distorted.   The voices not the picture.   Think I will call.

@BalletBabe I hope all goes well when you speak with your cable provider as even though there is/was a merger they should still provide seamless service.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC no longer on analog

[ Edited ]

I just called and was told that eventually you will need a box for each room.   I am sorry, but that stinks!   They will be gradually taking all the stations away.  What a money making racket. 

So in other words now I get almost all channels up to 99 , now you will need a box to go to all the HD channels above 100.   If they think I am paying for a box in each room , they are nuts!

Honored Contributor

You can watch the Q live on your comp by clicking the Shop QVC TV link at the top of this site.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Same thing here w/brighthouse now "charter" cable. All the analog channels are slowly going away.. forcing you to have a digital cable box (I think it's $9.99/month). Sorry, in the rooms I have just reg tv I'm not paying anymore - I already have too much fees in "extras" because spouse ❤️ Tv and watches everything or records.  $200/month for tv is insane (but it does inc Internet & phone).

I can check "items on air" which is my fav way to shop!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC no longer on analog

[ Edited ]

You should be able to get QVC with Roku.  If not, I suggest contacting Roku.  Your other non-cable options are to watch QVC online or watch it over-the-air (using an HD antenna rather than cable).  Is QVC Over-The-Air offered in your area?

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  That is exactly what is happening here.  I do have the DVR box. THey are offering a free box for 1 year and after that , they can come and get it.   I have Roku and am in process of getting two amazon things for other tv's.  I am like you , they are getting no more money out of me.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr  Yes I can get it in my bedroom where my DVR box is because that is where I watch tv the most.   I am getting a box tomorrow for living room because it is free for one year.  They can kiss my behind after a yr is up.   I will not pay them anymore.   I have 3 computers and I can watch on there.   They are killing their business because most are going to go to Roku, Amazon or others. 

Regular Contributor

I can't believe with the Q sales down they opted to do this at this time, especially when HSN is STILL analog! I look at this as a "blessing", I have been trying (sucessfully) I might add to distance myself from buying from QVC, now it will just make that much easier. I have digital boxes in two rooms and I have seven tv's, so it will be that much harder to watch the Q. I have been a customer for over twenty years and have spent my fair share but when the new shipping when into effect that started me on a program to not buy as much, this new removal of analog will really help mu budget, THANK YOU QVC!!!

It also helped when Evine went digital, boy have I saved a ton of money there too.

Trusted Contributor

@Nitefall wrote:

I can't believe with the Q sales down they opted to do this at this time, especially when HSN is STILL analog! I look at this as a "blessing", I have been trying (sucessfully) I might add to distance myself from buying from QVC, now it will just make that much easier. I have digital boxes in two rooms and I have seven tv's, so it will be that much harder to watch the Q. I have been a customer for over twenty years and have spent my fair share but when the new shipping when into effect that started me on a program to not buy as much, this new removal of analog will really help mu budget, THANK YOU QVC!!!

It also helped when Evine went digital, boy have I saved a ton of money there too.

@Nitefall wrote:

You apparently misunderstand.  This is not QVC doing his, this is he cable provider.  This will eventually happen to all analog channels.

The swith to digial allows for more badnwidth on the system for additional channels (one analog channel takes up as much bandwidth as q10 digital channels), telephone service, and faster internet speeds.  It also cuts down on cable theft.

Having worked in the cable industry for more than a decade, I know this is not the issue of implementing a change to make more money.  It is necessary in order to provide enhanced services that people want (e.g. faster internet, VOD services,. DVR services, more channels).

What i find both appalling an isappointing is that people here immediately jumped on QVC, making assumptions and drawing conclusions ,without taking the time to even look into the facts.

Trusted Contributor

QVC also streams live on YouTube.  You can watch YouTube through your roku as well.