Contributor

QVC - need clarification on the TSV yesterday, Northern Nights sheets

QVC - need clarification on Northern Nights sheets.

I have Northern Nights sheets on my guest bedroom bed and love them. I've always wanted them for my own bed, but the 15.5 inch depth given on the website is not ddeep enough. I have a 15 inch mattress, PLUS a mattress topper of 3 inches.

Last night, during the presentation of this TSV, the rep for NN distinctly gave the depth measurement as 18.5 inches. It was very clear and came somewhere between 7:23 and 7:28 PM Eastern time. I then re-checked the measurements online and it was still 15.5 inches. Which one of these sources is incorrect? I momentarily thought perhaps the depth was now 18.5 inches, as claimed, but the website had not updated.

I called the CSR and she went by the website measurement, but wrote down my comments.

Please clarify. In addition, if the measurement is 15.5 inches, please, please consider making these sheets fit deeper mattresses, especially since you sell many mattress toppers at 2-4 imches. I think there is a market here for that.

Thank you.

QVC Customer Care

Re: QVC - need clarification on the TSV yesterday, Northern Nights sheets

@AlexisRose I checked our info on the TSV Sheets. The pocket depth for the Twin is 12 1/2, Full, Queen and King is 15 1/2. I'd be happy to forward you suggestion for deeper pockets.  Cindy

Contributor

Yes, I know the measurements given on the website.  I'd like to know why the NN rep was allowed to give incorrect measurements.  This was not some kind of "puffery," such as "best sheets ever."  It was specific information given that QVC can review by listening to the tape at the point I gave.  Black and white. 

I suppose it can be stated that it was "just a mistake." Likely so.  However, if so, it was a BIG and substantial mistake that I would not have expected Linda Davies to make.  She's a good rep normally. 

Forgive me if I'm belaboring a point, but I was so disappointed to find out that what she claimed was incorrect. 

Grouchy this morning...

Anyway, thanks for replying.  I'm letting this go. 

Honored Contributor

@AlexisRose wrote:

Yes, I know the measurements given on the website.  I'd like to know why the NN rep was allowed to give incorrect measurements.  This was not some kind of "puffery," such as "best sheets ever."  It was specific information given that QVC can review by listening to the tape at the point I gave.  Black and white. 

I suppose it can be stated that it was "just a mistake." Likely so.  However, if so, it was a BIG and substantial mistake that I would not have expected Linda Davies to make.  She's a good rep normally. 

Forgive me if I'm belaboring a point, but I was so disappointed to find out that what she claimed was incorrect. 

Grouchy this morning...

Anyway, thanks for replying.  I'm letting this go. 

@AlexisRose

linda davies doesnt give the exact measurements, but she did write this on her facebook page yesterday as a response to another viewer.

"We enlarged our specs to accommodate the larger mattresses and toppers. We truly appreciate our life long NN customers and I will personally communicate with the buyers on your behalf. Have a great day."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
QVC Social Team

@AlexisRose wrote:

QVC - need clarification on Northern Nights sheets.

I have Northern Nights sheets on my guest bedroom bed and love them. I've always wanted them for my own bed, but the 15.5 inch depth given on the website is not ddeep enough. I have a 15 inch mattress, PLUS a mattress topper of 3 inches.

Last night, during the presentation of this TSV, the rep for NN distinctly gave the depth measurement as 18.5 inches. It was very clear and came somewhere between 7:23 and 7:28 PM Eastern time. I then re-checked the measurements online and it was still 15.5 inches. Which one of these sources is incorrect? I momentarily thought perhaps the depth was now 18.5 inches, as claimed, but the website had not updated.

I called the CSR and she went by the website measurement, but wrote down my comments.

Please clarify. In addition, if the measurement is 15.5 inches, please, please consider making these sheets fit deeper mattresses, especially since you sell many mattress toppers at 2-4 imches. I think there is a market here for that.

Thank you.

Hello @AlexisRose- I checked into this further and here is what I found out about the sheets - 

The pocket depth fits up to 18" . The corner pocket sewn seam is only 12.5" to 15.5" but with all the extra fabric and the elastic all the way around it fits up to 18" mattress very comfortably.

I hope this helps and I'm sorry for any confusion.