Frequent Contributor

We, the consumer, helped to create this “monster” we love to tune in and follow when we can. I have more STUFF from 20+ yrs. as a QVC buyer than I should have but what I miss the most are the Old Christmas Shows. Now they have Xmas in July and begin talking about them in March! That pretty much sums up the bottom line of TV & computer sales of today.

Frequent Contributor

Virginia Olsen

Honored Contributor

One time I asked if anyone other than Mike Rowe had made it big. Really didn't hear much about the other hosts. Imagine my surprise when someone said they had never heard of Mike Rowe.

Respected Contributor

I always loved Steve Colantuno......he was so laid back.....he'd never make it in the frantic sales pitch required of Q hosts these days.

Respected Contributor

I miss the all day craft shows and the new, innovative scrapbooking products that Lisa Bearnson would present.

I miss the Boyds Bears shows. Now, THAT was entertainment! I remember buying several little bears for really good prices for gifts for friends.

I also liked the Thomas Kinkade shows and enjoyed him talking about his inspiration behind certain paintings.

I remember the ball machine that would shoot the lucky four digit numbers like the lottery/bingo and if the four numbers matched your membership number and you called in you would win a merchandise credit and sometimes another gift. Once I won a $15 credit and a fresh floral arrangement.

I remember new customers getting an automatic $$ credit just for opening an account. I don't remember if QVC had it, but HSN used to give you $5. And, they actually sold some items for around $5, so you could get your first purchase free, except for shipping.

Respected Contributor
On 1/29/2014 StuffyBug said: Sadly, Murphy passed on several years ago.

How sad. I loved Murphy. He was cute when he would jump on whatever Northern Nights bedding they were selling and give it his "official approval"Smile I miss the craft shows too. There used to be such a variety of programming throughout the day, not whole hours dedicated to one boring product.

Honored Contributor
On 2/21/2014 chickenbone said:

Virginia Olsen

I loved her demos. Her presentations were so interesting. Love the Nesco.

Super Contributor

DITTO. Virginia was great. I miss her shows.......

Regular Contributor

I started watching in 1989. I loved the first time I was asked if I wanted to speak on the air, it was with Steve Bryant, and he spun the wheel and I won 10 qvc shopper dollars!

I also got married in Sept of 1991, ( 2nd marriage) and in July of that year spoke on air with Mary Beth and the gal from Imperial Gold, (can't think of her name now, mind is going, LOL!) Anyway, my husband and I purchased our wedding bands that evening, two Imperial Gold Band rings in Cobblestone. Mary Beth said she wanted to see them, so I sent her our hand and flowers wedding pic and she showed it on air months later, making the comment about how men and women can wear these styles. Hubby bought me the earrings and bracelet after that over the years, I wanted the chevron matching necklace, but it was way out of our price range by then.

Yup, Loved the old QVC it was a great awesome way to shop.

Super Contributor

What a nice story.