Respected Contributor

@SoonerLater wrote:

To all upset at quality:  How much more (percentage maybe) are you willing to pay for better quality?  

Seeing as how prices are going up, how much will you pay for better quality and how much will it simply keep you from buying new items you don't really need?

I think these are questions a lot of us will soon face.

@SoonerLater I think the point is, if you're going to have less-than-stellar quality, then the price point should be adjusted accordingly.

No one wants to pay for a bottle of champagne and get a glass of beer.

Regular Contributor

@Ladybug724 I think "we ain't seen 'nuttin" yet to what is coming down the pike in price increases.  The days of cheap stuff I think are rapidly ending.  

Trusted Contributor

Prices are very high on everything.Some prices I see,just make me shake my head.To top it off,I have noticed now,especially close to Christmas,many many items,over 100 dollars.I guess that's so qvc makes the money.People that are buying these items,must make a good income,normal person can't.A tee shirt over 50 dollars,that's crazy.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched Candace Cameron Burr's show. She had some nice things. I think she charges extra b/c she wore some of them in her latest movie. Love how she doesn't have any tunics, high/low or shark bite hems. So refreshingl....

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
Have any of you fussing about the changes considered that you really have aged out of QVC’s targeted demographic? I’ve said it more than once, but I’m a suburban working mom closer to 50 than to 40 and I outspend my mother on QVC by a lot. When you’re complaining about Shawn, my girlfriends and I tuning in to her for the reasons you’re changing the channel. If im watching QVC on a Saturday night (usually because im waiting on a youngster who needs to ride), I’m in my jammies drinking wine so her schtick is relatable. I think it’s perfectly acceptable she has made up nicknames for people because my friends and I do it too.

Most of my QVC purchases are impulse buys. If not exactly impulse buys, I usually know I can get it cheaper somewhere else. Sure, I know I can get cinnamon rolls at Costco or Barefoot Dreams cardigans at Nordstrom Rack or TJMaxx might end up with that Tarte palett or the Dooney bag, but I’m ok paying a little more for those things to come to me. I’m not interested in seeing pearl or Diamonique jewelry because none of my Gen-X friends are into those things. We wear smart watches and decent quality costume jewelry and a few pieces of nice silver. I don’t want clothes I have to baby and even my work clothes often include athleisure or loungey kind of pieces.

Maybe it’s just not for you any more.

@RollTide2008 I'm Gen-X too, several years away from 50. And like you, I'm not interested in pearls or diamoninque, and I'm not buying or needing classic tailored styles a lot of women on here are wanting more of. I don't need fancier clothing, I can wear jeans and sneakers to work. I have shopped less here though because of increasing prices, but there are some things other places don't have that QVC does, and I am willing to spend a little more if it's something I really want. Only difference is, when I do watch, I typically mute the TV and go to the website to get the info. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor
I don’t watch to get product information. I just want to see what they have and be entertained. Nothing else on? Let’s see what Shawn is selling tonight. Kim Gravel? Oh, wonder what else she had?
Regular Contributor
I agree. My lined wind breaker from Walmart is going strong. Good zipper and fabrics. Under $20.00.
Honored Contributor

@SoonerLater wrote:

To all upset at quality:  How much more (percentage maybe) are you willing to pay for better quality?  

Seeing as how prices are going up, how much will you pay for better quality and how much will it simply keep you from buying new items you don't really need?

I think these are questions a lot of us will soon face.

@SoonerLater 

Good questions.  I think we know if prices increased more because of better quality, we'd hear complaints about the increases.  

They want much better quality at lower prices. 

Rather than blaming retailers, I think consumers  should look at the real cause for rising prices. Much of it can be fixed, but those with influence appear to want it this way or they'd do something about it.  

Respected Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I don’t watch to get product information. I just want to see what they have and be entertained. Nothing else on? Let’s see what Shawn is selling tonight. Kim Gravel? Oh, wonder what else she had?

Well for years QVC was good at balancing product information and entertainment, but now it appears they favor using entertainment: almost all new hosts are former models and actors. I've also noticed that they have Rosina posting on her Facebook page in Spanish. I think that's great but if she's spending time on writing everything in two languages on her FB page, when is she going to learn about the products that she's presenting? She hasn't shown any knowledge of products thus far.

Honored Contributor

This thread is full of great observations. Obviously I was much younger when I discovered QVC, but I had a lot less income. I may be an old-timer in their eyes, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a quality product from QVC. Louis is a perfect example of someone who wanted to bring well made items, and we all know where that went.