Valued Contributor

"BAH HUM BUG!", said a grouchy grinch. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC losing their way

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624    It's not just clothing at QVC it's everywhere.  Manufacturers are not using the same quality for their clothing.   Heck, I happen to like Viva Paper Towels, the original cloth version and they used to be so thick.  Now they are iterally paper thin, no pun intended

I just bought a jacket from Susan Graver's line (which I buy very little from her) and the quality and detail  is outstanding. It was at a reduced price.  I doubt I would have paid the regular price but the attention to detail, fabric and design is great.   I rarely shop in retail stores with doors anymore  but happened to be in a Macy's in an upscale neighborhood and the quality of a lot of merchandise was pure junk.   I have bought clothing from Nordstrom that was poor quality.  

Esteemed Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper   Amen.   I have my own issues with the Q but overall I agree with you.   Some folks here just love ragging on them when all they have to do is stop buying and go somewhere else.

Respected Contributor

Well said, so true.

Respected Contributor

Well said! We need an incentive. Paying shipping on multiple items in one order is ridiculous and has cut down on my orders. No perks for valued, repeat customers.  
Easy pay is not an incentive for all of us. It may help some but not all. Returns take forever unless you know the email for quicker credits. I, too, like some of Susan Gravers clothes but I can get the same quality with promotional savings at Talbots. Also, I know postal rates are up but when buying clothing which you have to get home to try on has become too expensive to return. Losing original shipping and paying for the return label makes trying on very expensive. I only buy clothing now where I can return in person.

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC losing their way

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew  I hear you and find it sad people buy into that tactic! I could care less about trying to look like I am in the Hamptons, or California casual, celebrities actually make me turn the channel-I have no interest in making the rich richer! Yesterday Josie came on air with her tsv from St. Barts thanks to all her followers. I am so over it.  I also don't like the callers phoning in. It does not sway me in any way to buy and is a waste of time listening to them say how much they love the host!

Trusted Contributor

@gnomie1 

Welcome to the boards.  Well written post and hope to see you more here. 

Honored Contributor

@65and fabulous wrote:

Sadly, I have to totally agree with your comments about Susan Graver's quality. The past two items I have ordered, I have said, "Never again!"  Such cheap fabric, polyester, that did not even look like anything other than cheap polyester. Not paying $60. or more for such pathetic quality.  

Today I put on a Louis Del'Olio wool jacket that is so beautifully tailored and the fabric is thick, rich, and gorgeous. I paid less for this than a silly SG item.

Miss You so much, Louis!!

@65and fabulous 

You are so right, the vendor that we could always rely on Louis Del Olio is no longer with QVC...I miss him too...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

And when you keep returning those items, you are eventually given a warning about being blocked from purchasing.  Seems like a no-win situation. 

Super Contributor

@gnomie1  I completely agree with you and appreciate your well written post. I'm retired retail and I can remember the frustration I felt when the "higher ups" were making bad decisions. Your observations are important, not just complaining. 
i do believe that the comments on these boards are noted, quantified, and the results are, no doubt, presented and sent to corporate management for "action". In my years in retail management I had to sit through countless hours of such presentations. Those at the top are squeezed between the board and customer satisfaction. These forums are a gold mine of information that I'm sure is collected. But action in such a large corporation is like steering the titanic, all ahead slow! I do feel a recent change...perhaps a response to complaints. My orders are being delivered faster and some ready-to-wear prices seem to be at a stabilized price point. The free shipping last weekend was an example of corporate response from the top level. However, If you follow Qurate stock (I do just for fun) nothing seems to be working right now. So I agree that the Q has lost its way. We'll see what happens as the new CEO settles in. I'm hopeful! I enjoy the Q.