Valued Contributor

Re: QVC is the new Lane Bryant

Hurt people, hurt people.  It's very obvious from the OP's post to NYWomen's comments.  It's a shame that some feel the need to make others feel less then.  To that I would say just try to be a good human.  It takes less effort to be kind and understanding then to spew your vitriol.  Obesity is a complex health issue that medical and science can't get a handle on and until they do, let's not judge. You never know what people are going through and whether it's a matter of overeating, medical or even just their bodies refusing to coooerate.  You wouldn't disrespect a person with a learning disorder so why do it to overweight?  Or would you?

Esteemed Contributor

HSN has been using a lot of plus size models and nothing wrong with that, they look good in the dresses.  It's when they put the very tight jeans on them and even the skinny models, that it look terrible.  For plus and skinny. Not picking on plus.

Why do the jeans have to be so tight. It's not an attractive look for anyone.  

Honored Contributor

@texas_lexuss wrote:

I havent been watching the Q in some time but when I tuned in I was shocked to see the transformation!  What happened and why!!  Perhaps big and tall shows for those who need them and regular sizes for the rest!  Yikes!

Ok now everyone can start the bashing....I already know I can change the channel, so save your energy!

Body shaming is a low blow. You should be ashamed.

Honored Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

You can call it inclusive.  But I find it hard to decide on clothing by seeing it on very large models.   I tend to give up and dislike how the piece looks.   I don't want to look like that.  

Having a few size 1X models with the petites and moderate size models seemed sufficient.  

I can see how they want to accomidate the larger size woman.   But when does accomodation become encouraging an unhealthy lifestyle?   We just went through a Covid epidemic that proved such co-morbidities are life threatening.   We wasted a national opportunity to help people shed these co-morbidities and make healthcare truly inclusive and preventative.   How can we truly have equal healthcare for all when we turn our eyes from untreated high blood pressure and diabetes?    

You poor thing. I hope you don't fall off your high horse.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I think it is good that larger sized people can order online and not have to go to a physical  store to buy large sized clothes. Heck, no one likes to go clothes shopping...

even thin peopke....and especially when you are a 5X size it would be uncomfortable to I would guess.

Wow. that's low and stereotyping.

Honored Contributor

I've seen shows in which the entire group of models are at  least a size 14 and above.  Yes, I turn it off.  I can't visualize myself in those clothes. The only thing that hasn't changed are the heights of those models.  Instead of 5'10" 119 lbs, you get 5'10" 248 lbs.I don't know if morbid obesity has grown worse in our country, those shows certainly reflect it.  Even the occasional 5'2" models are wearing size medium.

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

The fact of the matter is there is an obesity problem in our country.  If one is very overweight it  is simply not healthy.  So yes clothing manufacturers need to accomodate the overweight population.  There is nothing "wrong" with it,  just the facts. 

@bargainsgirl  Who made you the spokes person for the obesity problem in America? It is none of your business. Worry about yourself.

Esteemed Contributor

@PatsShoes wrote:

Wow - just wow -  to the posters offering unkind, judgemental comments about plus sized women & models as well as the poster leaving unkind comments about large breasted women. I am speechless.

Either these posters are being deliberately provocative because they are anonymous, or they truly believe these unkind things. I'm not sure which is worse. 

@PatsShoes wrote:

Wow - just wow -  to the posters offering unkind, judgemental comments about plus sized women & models as well as the poster leaving unkind comments about large breasted women. I am speechless.

Either these posters are being deliberately provocative because they are anonymous, or they truly believe these unkind things. I'm not sure which is worse. 

@PatsShoes  I believe it is both. Very sad for them. I feel for people with such narrow thinking. 

Respected Contributor

I don't understand what the problem is in using bigger sized models to show the clothes.  It is not like designers are only making larger sizes.  People can still get their clothing in their size.  Some people just love to criticize.  I am also curious why more posters who claim to be so open minded when it comes to judging women don't respond to this thread which so obviously is judging women.

Valued Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

HSN has been using a lot of plus size models and nothing wrong with that, they look good in the dresses.  It's when they put the very tight jeans on them and even the skinny models, that it look terrible.  For plus and skinny. Not picking on plus.

Why do the jeans have to be so tight. It's not an attractive look for anyone.  

The problem is QVC & HSN tend to put the models in one size too small, especially when it comes to jeans/pants; people have complained about this previously but the stylist don't seem to care what the audience wants to see.