Super Contributor

Yes, when you take down posts that are not breaking rules but expressing a viewpoint, you are slanting public opinion and that really really stinks. It is also scarey, not sure I want to spend much more here. You have allot of nerve whoever you are, you arent moderating anything, you are on a whole other level. I will talk to corporate and maybe even somebody else. As a shopping customer I am not going to take your subtle abuse however clever you think you are.

Just what makes it alright to protect a host from opinions and feedback while you allow others to get smashed to bits. Tell me do you make those calls all by yourself. If I were a host at QVC and was made aware of this manipulation of public opinion I would be furious.

This is not acceptable behavior in the United States of America, thats why there was a cold war. You have to be equally lateral just in your calls, you seem to lack discernment.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC is promoting propaganda

One thing to remember is that censorship does not apply here. This is a private website and Q can do whatever it wants with it. I saw one post yesterday when the 'r' word was used hope that's the one that was deleted by moderators.

Super Contributor

NO...they are in a position of good faith by their customers to act in good faith and that entails being fair. This is a business, not a sorority , and I do not know what the r word is how silly , can't you just say the word. I have never seen a place that restricts speech like this. It isnt private , as a business it must operate under the laws of the land, that is what governs QVC. YOu can not say one poster is allowed to say something and similarly not permit another poster the exact opportunity.

Honored Contributor

QVC's forums. QVC's rules. Take it or leave.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm not really sure what this is about. That said, simply because QVC can do what it wants doesn't necessarily mean they always should... As with virtually everything else related to this corporate entity these days, whether we're talking programming, presentation styles, product variety or forum moderation, there is a middle ground and they might be well served to find it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

The OP is obviously having a bad day -- based upon the multiple rantings on multiple threads which have been posted in a short window.

As has already been posted, QVC can operate its message boards and enforce its rules as it sees fit -- nothing in the United States of America guarantees the OP a platform here. The OP is free to go elsewhere -- as are we all.

Honored Contributor

So, where is the "propaganda"? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I don't know how deleting an opinion (or bad language) suggests propaganda.

All I can say is, if you want a "free for all" message board, well then just start your own!

P.S. Have you even bothered to read the QVC Message Boards Terms of Use and Standards? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

I get out a kick out of such overwrought indignation aimed at a shopping channel message board.

What part of ""We reserve the right in our discretion to delete postings or threads that we deem in violation of these guidelines or otherwise unacceptable to us"" (emphasis mine) does the OP not understand?

They have sole discretion as to what can be posted. The fact that someone may not like how they handle that responsibility is irrelevant. This message board is owned by QVC.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 KYToby said:

The OP is obviously having a bad day -- based upon the multiple rantings on multiple threads which have been posted in a short window.

As has already been posted, QVC can operate its message boards and enforce its rules as it sees fit -- nothing in the United States of America guarantees the OP a platform here. The OP is free to go elsewhere -- as are we all.

More like a bad middle of the night, judging by the posting times. Maybe she had a nightmare about QVC.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/14/2015 Spunkyspouts said:

NO...they are in a position of good faith by their customers to act in good faith and that entails being fair. This is a business, not a sorority , and I do not know what the r word is how silly , can't you just say the word. I have never seen a place that restricts speech like this. It isnt private , as a business it must operate under the laws of the land, that is what governs QVC. YOu can not say one poster is allowed to say something and similarly not permit another poster the exact opportunity.

Oh, but yes they can. I had a poster who asked me a direct question and virtually screamed at me and told me what to do yesterday in no uncertain terms (because I disagreed with her). Since I had obviously already done what she was suggesting several times, I responded, and said nothing against the "standards". She was yelling at me, etc., but my response was deleted, her "rant" was left up, and the thread was closed. But even though I requested her "rant' be removed because it slanted everything, they did not remove it... I suppose that since the thread was closed, the moderators didn't care what she had posted that everyone could still read. So, no, they're not always fair, but then again, I wouldn't want their job. It must be difficult, but they can do whatever they want because it's QVC's boards and the moderators are paid by QVC. We can deal with it, or just not post here.

The QVC "business" itself may have to adhere to the "laws of the land" so to speak, but these boards are here as a "perk" for whoever wants to use them -- and they can easily shut it down if they choose to do so.