Regular Contributor

QVC is literally turning into Groundhogs Day The Movie!

Is it me or is the Q on a continual loop of the same old tired vendors + products?

I can't even keep the Q on for background noise while I'm doing housework....it is the same old same old!

The only upswing is th Q is saving me a ton of $$$$ since there is nothing worth buying!

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC is literally turning into Groundhogs Day The Movie!

When you see the countless items they have available on their website, it boggles the mind that they can't provide more variety in the shows.  They must have warehouses full of some of this stuff and need to get rid of it.

Trusted Contributor

Well now at least they are offering us "free shipping," on "same old!"   It caused me to order another pair of shoes ! Woman LOL

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Esteemed Contributor

For quite some time now it seems QVC is slowly morphing into an infomercial channel. Perhaps that's their game plan for the future and maybe they think if they do it just a little bit by little bit we won't notice.

Honored Contributor

@LancerHawkFriar  Funny, sad, and true.

Regular Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

For quite some time now it seems QVC is slowly morphing into an infomercial channel. Perhaps that's their game plan for the future and maybe they think if they do it just a little bit by little bit we won't notice.

That is so true! Multiple hours on a single product, lack of diversity in their TSVs, the constant over-exposure of certain products, the hard-sell and impending doom of a color choice, or should I say "colorway" ~insert eyeroll here~ selling out when n they're only 15 minutes into the first presentation of the TSV, etc.

Not to mention the hosts being totally dependent on their cards, while we the viewers have seen the products so often that we can do the spiel from memory, and name all the colors correctly EVEN IF THEY ARE OUT OF "ORDER" ON THE CLOTHES RACK!!!

What they don't seem to realize is that if I watch one hour-long presentation, I'm going to change the channel on the subsequent ones because I AM BORED!  And if multiple hours in a day are devoted to the same product, then I'm going to do what I do when I come across an infomercial channel - I change it. And if my eyes aren't on the Q channels, then I'm not buying.

Most of my Q purchases this year have come from digging through their online inventory for a specific need, rather than watching, for example, two hours of D&B present essentially the same handbag albeit with a trim/configurations change or two, or listening to the host and the OAPand/or models go off on conversational tangents that have nothing to do with the product, or hours of watching people make suds in a bowl or slather themselves with some greasy-looking substance.

Super Contributor

It's crazy!  I turned the tv on and caught the last few minutes of a whole hour of IT cosmetics.

The first product up in the next hour was.......... wait for it, wait for it............IT COSMETICS!!

I changed the channel to HSN.

Respected Contributor

It definitely is not the shopping channel it used to be.  It was a place to find things that you did not see in stores.  Now all their stuff can be found elswhere, on line an in stores, and no shipping.  Also the prices on those clothes especially denim and co. are ridiculous.  There is no way I am going to pay 35 plus shipping and handling on a simple cotton/poly top that I could go to penneys or belks and by two or three for that price. Shoes are not badly priced but how to get a good fit on line.

Honored Contributor

I think that ship sailed...

About ten years ago...

Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I totally agree...a shopper for about 20 years, I used to enjoy the variety of UNIQUE items at the holidays and real experts explaining them. Now they seem to used their hired "guests" to present multiple things and repeat the same presentations over and over. The gift shows have all the old merchandise, just now called "great gifts", like a bathroom scrubber, Scrub Daddy, etc.