Frequent Contributor

Re: QVC how can you allow this?

@SarahW If you have to ask this, then you don't understand the purpose of review's. A review consists of a person's thoughts on a product based on their personal experience with that product. It's not a discussion about how you think you would feel about the product if you owned it.

Reviews are designed to help others decide if they want to purchase an item or not. Ok, if you wanted to know if a movie was good, who's opinion would be more accurate ... The person who's actually seen the movie and knows about the movie through personal experience or the person who hasn't seen it and is stating their idea of how they think the movie will go?
Trusted Contributor

@Dcole3 wrote:
@SarahWIf you have to ask this, then you don't understand the purpose of review's. A review consists of a person's thoughts on a product based on their personal experience with that product. It's not a discussion about how you think you would feel about the product if you owned it.

Reviews are designed to help others decide if they want to purchase an item or not. Ok, if you wanted to know if a movie was good, who's opinion would be more accurate ... The person who's actually seen the movie and knows about the movie through personal experience or the person who hasn't seen it and is stating their idea of how they think the movie will go?

I beg your pardon, but you need to go back and read this thread before calling me out.   That is exactly what I said.   So here's a "whatever" for you.   Enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, it can be annoying. I find myself just sorting through the reviews that don't make sense. 

Another peve:  when a review is based on shipping cost or something else that has nothing to do with the product itself.

Super Contributor

The bottom line, no more review writing from me......sad.

Respected Contributor

Reviews are "checked" by QVC personnel before publishing, so I do not understand why they allow poster's critique who do not physically have the product.

A lot of my product reviews were refused because of severe negativity, so I know reviews are being proofread by a human being at the Q.

Honored Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

@Dcole3 wrote:
@SarahWIf you have to ask this, then you don't understand the purpose of review's. A review consists of a person's thoughts on a product based on their personal experience with that product. It's not a discussion about how you think you would feel about the product if you owned it.

I beg your pardon, but you need to go back and read this thread before calling me out.   That is exactly what I said.   So here's a "whatever" for you.   Enjoy.

@I think the above should have been directed to @TY and not @SarahW

Respected Contributor

Some other retailers state right next to the review that you are a verified purchaser. QVC did not used to allow reviews unless they knew that you actually purchased the item. I remember writing to them several years ago stating that I could not leave a review about an item because I was not the verified purchaser. Instead, I was the recipient of the item as a Christmas gift. They wrote back saying that they were looking for ways around this. I guess the system is not perfect.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

One time I tried to submit a positive review for a SG outfit I'd received. I was informed that I had not received it, so my review was refused.

Respected Contributor

I do understand all the frustration with the Reviews.  While looking at a little crossbody bag today on the LunchTime Specials, I went and read the reviews.  One complained about the "Large Hardware" on the front of the bag...  Well, That "large hardware" is right on the Photos & Video of the item.  If you didn't like that, then why did you purchase it???  

On another front, when I am looking for reviews of a Skincare product, I come to the Forums and do a search here.  So many here will explain why they did not purchase, why they did, and most will give you information on pertinent ingredients either in the product, or lacking in the product.  I find this information much more helpful in making my decision.  Thanks Ladies!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey