Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe - The bottom line is hosts who sell keep their jobs; those who don't, are let go.

It's a business and for every poster who complains on here about JT (or any other host) there are clearly many more who watch when she's on and, more importantly, buy whatever she's selling.

Simple economics.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

These hosts were all fired. It was not their choice to leave. Stacey is the only one I miss.  I would rather watch any of these hosts then JT.  Why she is still here I will never know.

How do you know they were fired?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Kristine Zell is now the spokesperson for the Longaberger company.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

The bottom line is hosts who sell keep their jobs; those who don't, are let go.

It's not a simple as that. It has to do with how much revenue they make in relation to their salary, which is why new hosts keep coming: their salary is lowest.

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

These hosts were all fired. It was not their choice to leave. Stacey is the only one I miss.  I would rather watch any of these hosts then JT.  Why she is still here I will never know.

How do you know they were fired?

Because we all knowand have known since Mike George fired them on July 16, 2020.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@BalletBabe   Most likely JT is still around because of her sales numbers.

As for the 4 in the picture--  I recognize only Antonella from whom I believe I ordered just once and that had to be prior to 2013.  I can say that because I quit buying jewelry that year and the one item I ordered while Antonella was hosting was a string of TSV pearls.    

Like it or not, money talks and JT makes money for her employers.

We all have our own list of those we don't care for.  I don't believe who I turn off should be fired because I am sure others stay with them.  

And how do you know that?  Most people here say they turn it off when she is on, so how could she be a super sales size 8.?

Respected Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

@BalletBabe   Most likely JT is still around because of her sales numbers.

As for the 4 in the picture--  I recognize only Antonella from whom I believe I ordered just once and that had to be prior to 2013.  I can say that because I quit buying jewelry that year and the one item I ordered while Antonella was hosting was a string of TSV pearls.    

Like it or not, money talks and JT makes money for her employers.

We all have our own list of those we don't care for.  I don't believe who I turn off should be fired because I am sure others stay with them.  

And how do you know that?  Most people here say they turn it off when she is on, so how could she be a super sales size 8.?

Because "most people here" are a VERY SMALL fraction of over all viewers. Just because there are 30 or so posters who constantly complain about who they do not like doesn't mean they speak for all posters and they definitely do not speak for literally more than millions of other viewers who don't even know this forum exists. 

Respected Contributor

We do not know what all goes behind the scenes.  Life goes on and all these people came out with something new.  They might be happier for all we know.  

Life and can happen to anyone and sometimes a good thing.  I'm always surprised how some hosts make it to the top and wonder how but it is what it is.  

Trusted Contributor

I can't understand why if you were fired you would want to return as a vendor.   

Honored Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

I can't understand why if you were fired you would want to return as a vendor.   

@walkingal   I can.  If TV selling is truly your career, there are very few opportunities to do it, especially if you want to keep a large visibility to remain that coveted position as a "public figure."  This is a business. 

Go to work for the brands, not QVC, and show that you are good at what you do.  That can lead to other job opportunities that keep you marketable, and bringing in that all important an income stream.  

Honored Contributor

@banned again - It still comes down to how much money they make for the business (net profit).  And I have no doubt the more experienced hosts are worth every penny they're paid.  Or they'd be gone.