Valued Contributor

Re: QVC heading down the Sears path?

What exactly did Mr. George do...bring in hosts that are unwatchable so people will shop online? I ordered from Amazon which I rarely do. I got free shipping and my ordered arrived the next day. I think QVC has a long way to go to catch up with Amazon and probably other online stores.
Respected Contributor

Agree with the OP and I'm in mid 60s.  No children but have 4 nieces/nephews in their mid 20s.  All do most shopping online but not one shops at any TV shopping channel such as QVC/HSN

They can bring in as many designers as they want but the clothes  are not what I see any of my younger family wearing - that, and their S/H is high.  Niece got married in June and I bought a shell to wear under a jacket at Macy's and it showed up here very fast.  Another win win for me - there's a mall nearby with a Macy's but I can order online, it comes to my house and if I need to return it, I can easily take it to the mall and get money refunded on the spot. Win-win!  

Respected Contributor

Yesterday I placed an order with Kolh's and received free shipping, 10 dollars in Kohl's cash, and this morning email that order has already shipped. Oh HappyDay!

Esteemed Contributor

QVC will never be Amazon, but that is not a cut to QVC.  You can buy almost anything on Amazon, like dog food etc.  QVC don't sell things like that, so I don't see how you can even compare.  I do believe that Amazon is ging to kill Walmart.  I find myself buying more from Amazon then at Walmart anymore.  

Walmart has removed almost all cashiers here where I live.  I told management, if you want me to check myself out then I want a discount or a paycheck.  LOL

example:  I bought a toilet seat at Walmart and as I pulled it off the hook ,The one above it fell and hit me in the forehead. Cashier asked me what happened, and she made me report it to manager because I had quite an egg on my forhead.  Now if I would have ordered it from Amazon, I would not have to deal with anything like that   :0)

Esteemed Contributor

QVC will NEVER be Amazon.

Apples and tigers.

Amazon doesn't have a 24-hour shopping channel, and hosts, and camera people, and sound people, etc, to pay for.

QVC doesn't sell everything under the sun like Amazon does.

QVC isn't in Whole Foods.

So to say that QVC needs to be like Amazon, is an unfair comparison, because they are two hugely different things.

Apples and tigers.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Things cost too much now and not that good. I can't afford a 300.00 handbag or a 60.00 top.