Honored Contributor

So, this year I went ahead and purchases the $100 gift card and got the free $25 card. When you use these, do you have to use the whole thing? Can you use it to also cover the shipping, handling and taxes, or is that not included? Any other info I need to know on using these gift cards?

Thanks to all who respond, in advance.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC gift cards questions

Whatever you don't use goes onto your account as a credit and stays there until you use it. The next time you buy something, the balance is applied unless you unclick the field for apply credits. You can use it toward taxes, s&h.
Frequent Contributor

I have received many gift cards over the years. I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just call customer service and give them the information, so I use them when I shop. They are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Thank you graycatsrule. Appreciate the info. Obviously I had never brought the gift cards before this year. Did it this year cause I knew I would be wanting to buy new Linea when it came along in Jan. Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

Good to know woodstockillinois, thank you.

Respected Contributor

I understand that if you purchase something under $100 the remaining amount is credited to your account. If the purchase is over $100, I am guessing you can apply the $100 and the balance goes on your credit card? Can both be done online or does it have to be by phone?

Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 sueinsf said:

I understand that if you purchase something under $100 the remaining amount is credited to your account. If the purchase is over $100, I am guessing you can apply the $100 and the balance goes on your credit card? Can both be done online or does it have to be by phone?

if you spend over the gift card amount, your credit card will be billed the balance. I did mine on line, but you can do either way.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 snickster said:

Thank you graycatsrule. Appreciate the info. Obviously I had never brought the gift cards before this year. Did it this year cause I knew I would be wanting to buy new Linea when it came along in Jan. Thanks again.

This was my first year too. I learned as I went along.
Respected Contributor

On 1/4/2015 graycatsrule said:
On 1/4/2015 sueinsf said:

if you spend over the gift card amount, your credit card will be billed the balance. I did mine on line, but you can do either way.

Thank you. Another first timer here. Smile

Super Contributor

I had so much trouble using my gifted gift card, they always failed to approve it and I got a message saying transaction couldnt be completed now call back later. They said once it had no credit, then they found it, it was bad because somebody gave it to me. In the end I used it and they comped me an extra $25.00, which was very nice