Esteemed Contributor

QVC doing talk show pilot with Kim Gravel

This was on QVC's FB page:

PRESS RELEASE QVC Adds New Pilot Show Featuring TV Personality Kim Gravel

NEWS PERSONALITIES

July 29, 2019: The Unscripted Weekly Talk Show, Kim Gravel NOW, Premieres August 10

WEST CHESTER, Pa. (July 29, 2019) – Multi-platform retailer, QVC, today announces the expansion of new digital and broadcast programming with the premiere of Kim Gravel NOW, a dynamic and conversational talk show. TV personality, style expert and entrepreneur, Kim Gravel, will host the weekly talk show on Saturday evenings at 9PM EST, premiering August 10 and continuing for a four-episode series on Saturday nights.

The unscripted show will bring an evening filled with Gravel’s colorful conversation, compelling personalities, innovative products and fun stories that bring her, and the fan, joy. The format of the show will be unscripted for entertaining and unpredictable content, leaving the viewer thinking, “what’s going to happen NOW?”

“I’ve always had a passion for people, in fact, my Daddy always told me if I make everything I do about others, I’ll be good, and here I am celebrating others – my fellow QVC guests, my friends and family and most of all, the QVC fans,” said Kim Gravel.

Gravel joined QVC in 2016 with the launch of Belle by Kim Gravel, an apparel collection inclusive of figure-focused fashion for women of all shapes and sizes. In 2017, Gravel debuted her second line with QVC called Belle Beauty by Kim Graveland has since sold nearly 300,000 units with 5 product launch sell-outs. Gravel’s beauty line won the Rising Star Award in the QVC® 2018 Customer Choice® Beauty Awards.

“QVC is all about brands with great stories and great storytellers – someone who is authentic and passionate – so to have Kim host our new talk-show-style pilot is perfect, she’s our current, modern girlfriend of empowerment and encouragement,” said Sue Schick, Vice President of Talent for QVC US.  “We have the opportunity to talk directly with millions of customers and fans every day, Kim Gravel NOW will bring these viewers stories of inspiration, laughter and new products to discover,” added Schick.

Each week Gravel will be joined by a surprise guest as they touch on themes including Community, Connecting, Womanhood, Today’s Special Value and “Big Secrets.” Join QVC on Saturdays at 9pm EST beginning August 10 and visit the QVC Everywhere Appsor the QVC Newsroomfor episodes and other great QVC content

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC doing talk show pilot with Kim Gravel

I don't buy Kims fashions , but I do like her makeup, this show should be interesting. I watch her beauty shows and she's very informative and a hoot.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qbetzforreal  I wish you'd use a larger size type face and use paragraphs to break up the posting.  This is like trying to read a stream of consciousness.  

I guess it gives them some use for the studio that was devoted to audience shows.  Beyond that, I really have no comment.

Trusted Contributor

Well, why not? I doubt that I'll watch, though, unless I see postings here that demonstrate that we are entering groundbreaking territory.

In other words, sort it out here for me, friends!

Honored Contributor

I have some of her lipstick and .....OK, so watch when she presents it how she keeps smacking her lips together.

She's doing that because her lipstick is very sticky.  I put some on today and I thought I was going to need a chisel to get my lips open!  Ha!

It's just so sticky.  I had to wipe it off and put something else on.

The good thing is I have slightly buck teeth so it made it a little easier. Ha!

I think she thinks it makes it shiny and kissable, but for my old lips ....well...it's irritating.

Wow!  That was a lot of bla bla about lips and lipstick.

I posted here before that I don't like the way she always talks so 'down home'.

I have friends and relatives who live way down South and her's just sounds too .....I can't figure out how I want to say it.

I think she's a beautiful woman and she seems sweet on air, but she's just too .....maybe 'in your face'.

I don't know maybe some of you can describe what I'm trying to say better.

I don't think I could watch an hour long show of her.

I hate saying anything negative about her but....OK, I'll say this....she seems phony to me.  

I feel like she's giving her version of a real southern woman.  It's just too...way too...down home/southern.

I know people are going to come on here and 'take me on' but it's just my opinion.  I don't know her for real, but it just seems fake.

Respected Contributor

WHAT PARALLEL UNIVERSE IS THIS ????

Say it ain’t so...

Honored Contributor

A "talk show" or just another format to sell the items?  

Respected Contributor

I'm thinking this is no different than the Dennis Basso mini series and will focus on Kim's fashion and beauty expertise. It's only 4 episodes and it's on Saturday night. It just may turn out to be a good show!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66  said "I feel like she's giving her version of a real southern woman.  It's just too...way too...down home/southern."

"it just seems fake."

Bingo!

Honored Contributor

I'm sure I'll end up watching some of it since I spend so much time trying to avoid the news, soon or later I end up with QVC on here and there.