Contributor

Re: QVC doing talk show pilot with Kim Gravel

My sentiments exactly.  The explanation as to what this program will be is frankly "clear as mud".  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

NOT INTERESTED....Kim is so far over the top she gives me a headache

Respected Contributor

I watched out of curiosity.  Won't do it again.   Too much of saying she asked this or that vendor to stop by.  The Beekman Boys were on because they had the TSV, not because of her.  This show was just another way to sell the same old stuff. Too loud, too folksy and phoney for my liking. And who was that other woman on there with her and why was she needed on the show.  

Respected Contributor

Kim isn’t my cup of tea, so I won’t be watching.

I lived in southern Georgia for two years....never encountered women who were as boisterous as she comes across.  For my taste, she could tone it down several notches.

Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

Kim isn’t my cup of tea, so I won’t be watching.

I lived in southern Georgia for two years....never encountered women who were as boisterous as she comes across.  For my taste, she could tone it down several notches.

Suzanne Sugarbaker for sure!

Respected Contributor

I'll pass on this show. Kim's line of clothes and make up does not interest me nor does she.  Don't know what qvc is trying to do with a "talk show", but it sounds like another poor management decision. One of many.

Contributor

Kim and the My Pillow guy are automatic channel changers for me.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed the show, mainly because it was so different from Q's usual staid approach.  Yes, Kim can be manic but that can be fun.  And let's face it, we've already seen the products a million times, so Kim only needs to deliver a quick refresher along with a personal opinion or two.  And it was nice to see them not obsessed with colors.  They showed and demonstrated only one Kitchen Aid mixer - Amy made whipped cream - and Kim told what other colors were available, but she wasn't obsessed.

Contributor

I actually enjoyed the show.  I think she did a much better job than most of the hosts, new or seasoned.  I really like her friend Amy. And the reason is I feel like they both purchase and use the items.  Reminds me of Antonella and how she was a shopper before she became a host. Sometimes I think when she is selling her clothing she can get over the top depending on who the host is.   Of course this is just another way to sell products and really isn't a talk show.

Respected Contributor

@grayhairdontcare wrote:

Think I will have to pass on that circus. She is way to hokey for me. The "aww schucks I'm just a big ol' southern gal who likes to hoot an' holler + be all hee haw loud" Not a good look or an entertaining format either....if the Q wanted to maybe venture into that type of programming they missed using the perfect host to achieve what they wanted....Jill Bauer. She was a smart, educated, polished professional who could have really been interesting and informative to watch....but instead we got ex pageant queen + pageant coach who will be screaming at us and laughing at all her own jokes. 

grayhairdontcare - She sounds like she comes from the backwoods of Georgia, I cannot stand all that "you'all" and obnoxious behavior.  She reminds me of Paula Deen, cannot stand either of them.  Yes, I already miss the polished, well-spoken and cultured Jill.  Abd how did she get her friend in on this deal?  Thank heavens for the remote.