Frequent Contributor

Re: QVC disqualifying legit Rakuten purchases

If you are using Mr. Rebates you might want to check too, five items I bought on 2/4 and 2/5 have all zeroed out. There's nothing unusual about these orders. I placed them as I normally do through Mr. Rebates and they are all currently in transit to me, so I haven't returned any of these items and have not had price adjustments or any contact with customer service about them or anything. I just sent an email to Mr. Rebates customer service inquiring about it.

Respected Contributor

I am so glad I came across this thread!  I just checked my TopCashBack and can't believe how many have been declined.  Now for each one I have to file a claim -- I have eight at QVC and six at HSN.  What a pain in the neck!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I do hope it gets resolved quickly.  I also hope everyone gets their claims resolved to their satisfaction too!

Esteemed Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

I am so glad I came across this thread!  I just checked my TopCashBack and can't believe how many have been declined.  Now for each one I have to file a claim -- I have eight at QVC and six at HSN.  What a pain in the neck!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I do hope it gets resolved quickly.  I also hope everyone gets their claims resolved to their satisfaction too!

I have had the same problem with Topcashback. I had all QVC declined. Trying to get a resolution from Topcashback is like hitting your head against a wall. I have never had any luck getting a resolution. It goes back and forth forever until you get disgusted with their excuses and close the claim. I wish you good luck.

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

I have had the same problem with Topcashback. I had all QVC declined. Trying to get a resolution from Topcashback is like hitting your head against a wall. I have never had any luck getting a resolution. It goes back and forth forever until you get disgusted with their excuses and close the claim. I wish you good luck.

@elated   Thank you.  This is my first time and I hope my last!  There is just so much to fill out.  I wonder why it is only QVC and HSN where all the probems are occurring?  I guess I need to stay more on top of the rebates by checking more frequently.

While I was going through all that trouble I also asked for my money that had accrued in my account.  I figure I should take it while it is there.  I asked for it in an Amazon gift card and have yet to hear back as to when it will be put through.

I'll be back to let everyone know what happens.  Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

Contributor

Glad to know I'm not alone...all of mine from Dec were "disqualified." I normally don't have issues with Rakuten (even when they were Ebates, they were on point). Not sure what happened. I figured it was something in the fine print this time (like no clearance items)...who knows. I usually get better cash back from Ibotta, so I think I'll start paying closer attention to which service is best on any given day...LOL

Honored Contributor

I just checked Topcashback and so far my Q purchases from October through January are showing as confirmed and payable and some more recent are pending. 

Honored Contributor

interestingly, i had one issue but it was with MR REBATES. have not been using rakuten for qvc lately because topcashback has had better rebate percentages. going to go through and check my topcashback amounts. mr rebates did restore my rebate within one hour or so. here is the message i received.

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know.

Unfortunately, we cannot open a claim on this order, as it is so small, so I have simply restored your order and rebate amounts. My supervisor did recently mention that when QVC zeroes out a number of transactions in its reports, this usually indicates that it reviewed the orders' tracking data and found orders that should actually have been credited to another site.

While you may already be doing this, please make sure your QVC cart is empty when you click our link. This store seems to only credit us for items placed in the cart after our link is clicked.

In addition, please make sure you are not clicking links or visiting other websites during your orders -- even in other tabs or windows. Activity in one tab/window will affect tracking in all of them.

The amounts now appear as they did when originally reported. Please let me know if you have any further questions and thank you for using Mr. Rebates.

Regards,
Abigail
Customer Support
Mr. Rebates

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@elated  I know it is too soon to hope to get any kind of resoution; however, I noticed the ones for HSN have gone back to "declined" and the disputes for QVC are "pending".  When I try to yet again dispute the HSN ones, there doesn't seem to be a way to do it now.  The purchases do not show up at all!

I mentioned I asked for an Amazon gift card.  Well the money is out of my account, but it is not at Amazon!

I guess I will have to start this all over tomorrow.  As much as I like the higher rate they offer at TopCashBack, it is not worth it if I don't get anything at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@elated  I know it is too soon to hope to get any kind of resoution; however, I noticed the ones for HSN have gone back to "declined" and the disputes for QVC are "pending".  When I try to yet again dispute the HSN ones, there doesn't seem to be a way to do it now.  The purchases do not show up at all!

I mentioned I asked for an Amazon gift card.  Well the money is out of my account, but it is not at Amazon!

I guess I will have to start this all over tomorrow.  As much as I like the higher rate they offer at TopCashBack, it is not worth it if I don't get anything at all. 

Mine went back to pending for QVC. If you already filed a missing Cash back for HSN, you need to go to existing claims. You will find your information at that time. It will let you know what process they are doing (i.e. Waiting for retailer or waiting for customer). I have had no luck with HSN reversing any declined claim. I wish you the best,

Respected Contributor

Am I ever glad I saw this thread!!

I have a small notebook and I always write down the date, the store, the amount of my purchase, the percentage of the rebate and the amount of the rebate. Then I always go back in a few days to make sure I was credited. Once credited, I place a red check mark next to the entry.

I had four rebates from QVC in December and two of the rebates were gone.

I emailed Rakuten with all the pertinent information and the missing rebates are now back. 

Going forward I will periodically check on ALL my rebates.