Super Contributor

Re: m sure thRe: QVC buys HSN for 2 billion

Perhaps QVC will change to whole production "set" at HSN, I always found it kind of "cheezy."

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC buys HSN for 2 billion

@kitcat51 wrote:

Terrible news! Competition is a good thing, the only thing that keeps prices down & customer service up.

I agree @kitcat51

I have found HSN to have much better values, clearance prices, etc. than the Q.  I hope they continue to have good deals but this is worrisome. 

Frequent Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Google it. The parent company that owns QVC already owned stock in HSN and has now purchased more stock. The article I read doesn't say if it now has a controlling interest -or if they are planning to take over control of HSN.

Liberty InterActive, which owns QVC, already owned 38% of HSN and bought the remaining 62%.   Mike George, the CEO of QVC will also be the CEO of HSN. 

Smiley Sad

Occasional Contributor

I like HSN more than QVC lately. QVC has gotten tight fisted with deals and shipping. Buy one and get a discount on the second item is no deal when you have to send back one or both for sizing issues.

Trusted Contributor

I know HSN has amazing deals and i feel that will go away now with QVC taking over. QVC stuff is so overpriced and no flexpays or free shipping.
Honored Contributor

So that's why they allow all those HSN threads on the boards....

Honored Contributor

If it's any consolation - members in the HSN community aren't thrilled either :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

QVC already owned 22% of HSN.  They just are eliminating their biggest competition.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Jim Shore has a collectible all ready for this occasion.

Mayor Jack from Nightmare.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: m sure thRe: QVC buys HSN for 2 billion

@RinaRina wrote:

They probably realized, they won't be able to compete with AMZN unless they get bigger.

LOL, "compete with AMZN"? Now that's funny. The Q has to do a lot more than just buy HSN. Usually when you "buy up", you yourself are very very successful. They need to start making a success at home.