Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 668
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

I just saw where QVC bought HSN for $2 billion.  

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,963
Registered: ‎09-24-2011

Re: QVC buys HSN for 2 billion

Oh no!!!!  HSN has such great deals, coupons, shipping, etc. Hope it stays the same!

 

Also, like many of their lines of clothing and accessories!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,199
Registered: ‎12-22-2013

Re: QVC buys HSN for 2 billion


@eddyandme wrote:

Oh no!!!!  HSN has such great deals, coupons, shipping, etc. Hope it stays the same!

 

Also, like many of their lines of clothing and accessories!


I hope HSN stays the same too.  I love their prices.  They have the best clearance prices.  However I have always heard they were affiliated with Q.  Not sure if this is true.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,929
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: QVC buys HSN for 2 billion

source?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,581
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: QVC buys HSN for 2 billion

There is a thread right below this that has sources/links in it. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,616
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: QVC buys HSN for 2 billion

I heard that this morning. I didn't know they already owned stock in HSN.

Contributor
Posts: 32
Registered: ‎06-04-2010

Re: QVC buys HSN for 2 billion

I thought that QVC's parent company owned some of their stock already. I know they've talked about buying HSN for years. Also thought QVC bought Zulilly too.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,929
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: QVC buys HSN for 2 billion

Google it. The parent company that owns QVC already owned stock in HSN and has now purchased more stock. The article I read doesn't say if it now has a controlling interest -or if they are planning to take over control of HSN.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,836
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: QVC buys HSN for 2 billion

The rich get richer.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,581
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: QVC buys HSN for 2 billion

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

Google it. The parent company that owns QVC already owned stock in HSN and has now purchased more stock. The article I read doesn't say if it now has a controlling interest -or if they are planning to take over control of HSN.


Liberty InterActive, which owns QVC, already owned 38% of HSN and bought the remaining 62%.   Mike George, the CEO of QVC will also be the CEO of HSN.