Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC buys HSN for 2 billion

@kitcat51 wrote:

Terrible news! Competition is a good thing, the only thing that keeps prices down & customer service up.

Having 7-10 day delivery for 31 years is not good speculation on improving customer service.

Esteemed Contributor

@cjmcp wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Google it. The parent company that owns QVC already owned stock in HSN and has now purchased more stock. The article I read doesn't say if it now has a controlling interest -or if they are planning to take over control of HSN.

Liberty InterActive, which owns QVC, already owned 38% of HSN and bought the remaining 62%.   Mike George, the CEO of QVC will also be the CEO of HSN. 

Smiley Sad

Good idea - look at how he improved the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I know HSN has amazing deals and i feel that will go away now with QVC taking over. QVC stuff is so overpriced and no flexpays or free shipping.

Is that since Lisa Robertson disappeared? The Q does have flexpays and free shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon is killing everyone.  Shopping Malls dying everywhere.  Mergers are not usually a goodthing but I do think that if better shipping costs are not offered , Amazon will eventually kill all shopping channels.

Respected Contributor

Incorrect subect line.

Qd did not buy HSN. Liberty did. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: m sure thRe: QVC buys HSN for 2 billion

@Stellabystarlight wrote:

I wonder if they will keep HSN in Clearwater, Florida and also if they will keep all the hosts?  Will their vendors come to QVC?

I Know one thing---I lived in Pa and left, and I doubt too many hosts would be willing to give up living and working in Clearwater.  You couldn't pay me enough to live in Pa again! Clearwater is just beautiful!

Occasional Contributor

Yes The owner of QVC(Liberty Media) has alway owned 38% of HSN . Now they own all of both Companies. Can you say......."Shopping Monopoly!

Valued Contributor

Now if only QVC would adopt some of HSN's free shipping and good discounts on merchandise.  Why do I think it will be the other way though.

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

Terrible news! Competition is a good thing, the only thing that keeps prices down & customer service up.

Having 7-10 day delivery for 31 years is not good speculation on improving customer service.

Especially if you're an AMZN Prime member and get your stuff within 48 hours!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

Amazon is killing everyone.  Shopping Malls dying everywhere.  Mergers are not usually a goodthing but I do think that if better shipping costs are not offered , Amazon will eventually kill all shopping channels.

Bingo! 

Hate to say it, but,  ... reality bites.

Just heard news this morning, Sears/KMart is closing 43 more stores. 

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."