Respected Contributor

Re: QVC bringing in new hosts

Of couse they did.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@maximillian wrote:

Lovely photo.  Does she have a pleasing, broadcasting voice?  (Not a little-girl, screechy, high pitched, fast-talking, mumbling voice?)  I just think that is an important characteristic for a host to have. 

I do think it a strange business model to hire more hosts, after they showed many to the door.  I thought it was all about the financials.

@maximillian 

It had more to do with QVC and QVC2 going with less and less live programming....and apparently they've changed their minds and are now adding back more of the live programming ......With mostly pre-recorded programming you could tell by the QVC2 Big Deals that werent selling and they started showing these Big Deals with an "encore presentation" on the main channel..so apparently less and less people were watching Q2 and buying....And to get viewers back QVC started putting new live shows on Q2...they gave Dan Hughes a new show on Q2

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

They hired 3 new hosts- RIDICULOUS considering they barely use the hosts that they already have (with exception of Shawn, Courtney & Amy). For what these people are paid, why not put them on air????? There is NO reason why Q2 isn't using hosts!

Respected Contributor

THEY DON'T NEED NEW HOSTS when the hosts they have work very PT

Valued Contributor

maximillion-it wasn't about financials.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Valued Contributor

I don't think QVC has to worry about money.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilMadi wrote:

maximillion-it wasn't about financials.

@LilMadi

What was it about?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky