Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC brands selling on HSN and vise versa

Sorry. QVC, Inc.  now owns 100% of the shares of HSN.  See Investor Relations below.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Sorry. QVC, Inc.  now owns 100% of the shares of HSN.  See Investor Relations below.

@Johnnyeager   I guess we'll have to disagree.  To me, it is saying that Quarate Retail Group owns them.  Here is what it says under Investor Resources:

QVC Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Quarate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively "Quarate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

"On December 31, 2018. Qurate Retail transferred our 100% ownership interest in HSN to QVC, Inc, which includes HSN, QVC U.S. and QVC International."

(It really doesn't matter, it's all the same thing now)

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

"On December 31, 2018. Qurate Retail transferred our 100% ownership interest in HSN to QVC, Inc, which includes HSN, QVC U.S. and QVC International."

(It really doesn't matter, it's all the same thing now)

@Johnnyeager   I stand corrected.  I didn't read that part.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

So now it's safe to say QVC owns HSN?  That's good.  Before, corrections felt like a distinction without a difference.

Esteemed Contributor

Probably all the easier for QVC to dissolve the HSN brand completely and absorb the remains.

Honored Contributor

I liked it better when they were separate.  There were certain items I purchased from HSN like A. Lessman vitamins, Perlier, Korres, and Trish McEvoy.   Everything else I buy was from QVC which I watched a lot more often.  Now I watch neither.  I don't like  the new way.   Too much repetition of "sales pitches" and it's like "reruns" of the same items.  

Esteemed Contributor

I so no problem with this; nor, is it something new.

Years ago Perlier used to be at the Q.  Then it suddenly moved to HSN. Same with Models Prefer, but they changed the name, same product/owner. Also, Birkies were my usual goto at QVC; now at HSN.

I think the same brands on both stations are fine - more choices of what to watch!Woman LOL if I'm in a shopping mode!

Now, if QVC got some of their former products back!!! That, would make my day!