Contributor

QVC brands selling on HSN and vise versa

It it weird, I used to know Doone and Burke, Clarks and other brands sold on QVC now it seems brands are switching from QVC to HSN and HSN to QVC. One needs to check both program guides to catch their favorite brands. It is a little too much anybody feeling the same way?

Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC brands selling on HSN and vise versa

[ Edited ]

Doesn't bother me at all.  It's to ones advantage if they have a favorite brand.  They get to see different items, prices, and offerings.  Checking program guides is easy. 

Honored Contributor

Doesn't even raise an eyebrow here.  I'm more a mall shopper than online, and it's not at all uncommon for the same brands to show up in several different stores so I've been used to the overlap for years.  Just can't see it being a problem, in fact, I could see it being a benefit if between the 2 companies they bring in similar, but slightly different items within the brands.

Honored Contributor

HSN will soon lose its identity and just become channel #4 of QVC.  They might as well start calling it that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

More options and freedom of choice is democratic.

Works great for me.

The more to shop from the merrier, and all from the comfort of my home, easy chair, and pc monitor.

I am grateful to by pass brick and mortor stores, save time not having to drive, save $ on gas, and searching for safe parking .

Enjoy more variety and abundance of Internet shoppes to compare the best deals and prices.

Many Internet Companoes offer sales prices, free shipping, one day only pricing, today's special deals pricing,  and discount coupons for a variety of reasons.

Ebates also gives a pay out by regjular check by mail for my  Ebates participation and referrals, when I enact via  internet, and Ebates in store purchases.

I also recieve Ebates perks when I recommend others to sign up with Ebates.

We've come a long way baby, and it is bound to become better and better,  for which I am highly appreciative, and greatly enjoySmiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

I don't care WHO sells WHAT.    If the product won't fit in my (small) car, I MUST have whatever-it-is DELIVERED............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

as long as they don't claim "exclusive" and i get free or reasonable shipping charges I don't care

but

the more they are alike, the more I shop Amazon or locally.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

HSN will soon lose its identity and just become channel #4 of QVC.  They might as well start calling it that.

@Kachina624  I agree with you.  We all know that we don't have to watch these extra presentations of IT, My Pillow, Dooney, Clarks, etc. on HSN, but it's ok to talk about it.  Sure, many stores carry the same items from national brands and designers, and while there may be sales effecting what you pay and minor differences in the actual inventory, for the most part the national brands cost the same and have the same stuff wherever they are sold.  For me this sameness has made brick and mortar shopping rather ho-hum (IMO).   Back to QVC and HSN, I believe I read that the buyers for HSN were to be eliminated and all of the merchandising would take place in West Chester at QVC headquarters.  If that proves to be so, it stands to reason that the crossover of brands will become greater and only the most profitable brands we know as HSN brands will continue.  I do hope that some effort is made to retain some distinction between the channels by keeping a few lines exclusive to one or the other.

New Contributor

QVC bought HSN and Zulily. So I guess we have to get use to it or go elsewhere, especially as some of their prices seem so high and the veriation in sizes plus the hassle of returning makes one hesitate to shop, at all.

Honored Contributor

@deanied wrote:

QVC bought HSN and Zulily. So I guess we have to get use to it or go elsewhere, especially as some of their prices seem so high and the veriation in sizes plus the hassle of returning makes one hesitate to shop, at all.

@deanied   QVC did not buy HSN and Zulily.  The Quarate Retail Group owns these three companies among others.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau