Contributor

QVC brand of Lab Grown Diamonds

Has anyone bought anything from the Firelight line....as in, how do they stack up against mined diamonds? They are considered "real" but I'm hesitant to go for it since there are virtually no reviews.

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC brand of Lab Grown Diamonds

haven't looked at them yet, but if they are "lab grown" wouldn't that put them in the same category as moissanite?

Honored Contributor

If I'm not mistaken, the only difference between lab created diamonds or any other stone is that it indeed is grown in a lab and didn't come out of the ground. I guess if you like it or not depends on how you feel about diamonds. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

The "lab grown" or man made "diamonds" look pretty and certainly appear to be real to the casual observer, so I would think if you appreciate the lower price and the look, they are like buying any other jewelry. Just remember that unlike actual diamonds, they don't have any future value for investment or rarity purposes and in that regard are like buying any other man made jewelry. Maybe a great idea for travel or instances when you don't want to wear your authentic stones!