QVC bought HSN...WHAT???

[ Edited ]

jUST READ IT, not happy EITHER.

Super Contributor

Re: QVC bought HSN...WHAT???

WOW.... 

Respected Contributor

There's a lot of that going around -- unhappiness that is.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC DID NOT BUY HSN.  Liberty Interactive which owns QVC, Zulily and has always owned a part of HSN, has now bought it all.  Doubt we'll see many changes. 

@blankette  @Makena  @thyme Patty

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@blankette.   Liberty Interactive is the parent company of QVC.  They also already owned an interest in HSN.  On or about July 5 it was announced that Liberty Interactive purchased all or most of the remainder of the HSN stock.  It was also reported that both QVC and HSN would continue to run as independent companies.

You can Google Liberty Interactive and it will tell you all the companies that they own.

Trusted Contributor

Things have been going downhill at the Q for a long time now.  Looks like HSN will be channeled in the same direction.  Sad.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Smiley Tongue 

@blankette wrote:

jUST READ IT, not happy EITHER.

That's great news for stockholders.  Yay!!!   Smiley Happy

Buy, buy more from QVC-HSN please!!

Let more unopened boxes of impulsive junk purchased pile up in your living room, bedrooms, and garages..  Smiley Wink. Next is Evite.

Esteemed Contributor

NO they didn't.  Can posters get it right please.

Honored Contributor

Another post on this.  I have not seen anything that even remotely suggests this.  I can't understand how some reach this conclusion by reading the articles that clearly state it's an acquisition by Liberty the company that owns QVC among many other companies  and NOT QVC buying HSN.  No merger - with each remaining as is!  It's bothersome that so many appear to have no reading comprehension skill.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Another post on this.  I have not seen anything that even remotely suggests this.  I can't understand how some reach this conclusion by reading the articles that clearly state it's an acquisition by Liberty the company that owns QVC among many other companies  and NOT QVC buying HSN.  No merger - with each remaining as is!  It's bothersome that so many appear to have no reading comprehension skill.

I agree!!!