Valued Contributor

I turned on HSN yesterday and they were selling Bare Minerals. Do some companies sell on both channels? Confusing.

Esteemed Contributor

Both channels have been trading vendors back and forth and still retaining them on their original channel. Who really knows what other changes we will see. It's all about the $$.

Honored Contributor

@elruthYes, some brands sell on both networks, but I don't see why that's confusing.  In the brick and mortar world, plenty of brands sell in multiple chains even within the same mall.  It may take a visit or two, but it's pretty easy to figure out most of what is being offered in each.  

Esteemed Contributor

It's been mostly established QVC products going to HSN.

Not so much the other way, with the exception of Andrew Lessman being sold at QVC now.

Respected Contributor

The fact that parent company Qurate owns both ... I believe we will see more duplicate products.   As far as offering Bare Minerals, I would hope pricing and shipping would be the same.  Are they?

Honored Contributor

I can see why it’s confusing when you’re used to seeing a brand sold exclusively on a channel and would want to get a sense of how the merger will change things overall. 

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager

So, if QVC's products are going to HSN, are HSN's products being mostly phased out...and QVC getting mostly new products?

Respected Contributor

Both channels are trading brands back and forth. I don't think it's more one than the other.  It is a little weird after all these years of things being only in one place.  I tend to identify the brand with it's original channel.  It takes some getting used to. I wonder if there is any brand that won't be traded or aired live, and for what reason.  For example Andrew Lessman stated on air a few weeks ago that you can now buy his products on QVC website but then said something to the effect that we are not going to see him on air anytime.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@elruth wrote:

I turned on HSN yesterday and they were selling Bare Minerals. Do some companies sell on both channels? Confusing.

@elruth:  QVC and HSN are owned by the same company. It's been a year or so now. Both channels have been cross selling several products for some time now.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Both channels are trading brands back and forth. I don't think it's more one than the other.  It is a little weird after all these years of things being only in one place.  I tend to identify the brand with it's original channel.  It takes some getting used to. I wonder if there is any brand that won't be traded or aired live, and for what reason.  For example Andrew Lessman stated on air a few weeks ago that you can now buy his products on QVC website but then said something to the effect that we are not going to see him on air anytime.  

Years ago Andrew L. was at QVC before he went to HSN.