Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC & HSN’s Largest Shopping Event — Nov 6 & 7

I don't understand this promotion.  I shop QVC for the products.

What do the celebrities have to do with the products?  Will they offer sale prices?

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I don't understand this promotion.  I shop QVC for the products.

What do the celebrities have to do with the products?  Will they offer sale prices?

Maybe they want to know how many you can recognize.  Maybe you'll win a prize.

Honored Contributor

I ignore the celebrity and pseudo-celebrity names -- Noodle the Pug, seriously?!?

They could have done this stunt without any of those people.  If the Live programming on all platforms and channels means new products, and the chance to avoid constant boring repeat presentations, then I'm interested.  Otherwise, same ol', same ol' over promoting a nothing-special event.  

Honored Contributor

I tend to run the other way when celebrities are selling anything.

Valued Contributor

These are shopping channels and I could care less about celebrities, especially the ones I saw on the list.  This idea is not an enticement for me to watch.  If anything, it's a turn off.  It's not for me.  I'll tune in to ITKWD but if it turns out to have a lot of non-cooking related celebrity visitors rather than some new, innovative, cooking items, ideas, or people from the culinary world then I won't be watching for long.  It's just my opinion. For those looking forward to it it should be a fun day but, for me, I'm out..... but the pug is cute.

:smileyvery-happy:

Valued Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I wonder what Whoopi is selling.

Certainly not diet food or anything having to do with losing weight

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My 2 cents:

1) BIG DEAL being LIVE because they aren't live 24 hours a day anymore. I remember when they were and so....they're going back to that. Wonder how thrilled the hosts are, lol? 

2) Celebrity desperation...the air is REEKING with their need to still be in the news. Sad and pathetic. Now, I did a quick survey of my teens and 20 somethings and their friends: do you know these people?:

1) Whoopie Goldberg.  Nope

2) Tori Spelling.            Nope

3) Noddle the Pug.      OH YEAH!  *proceeds to pull up the dogs instagram/TicTock account*

This tells me that QVC/HSN is REALLY reaching and hoping to attract the YOUNGER crowd by using influencers/social media populars and then adding in a few "older faces" that are recognized by the older crowd. How pathetic.

The sad reality is the younger crowd IS into those on social media; they just are. That said, the stupid stuff is what gets the most views and money today. Think about that. However, do I think this is going to make them want to watch either one of these channels? LMAO, no!

Easy pass for me and the majority of intelligent people I know.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Valued Contributor

I don't know who 90% of those people are.

Trusted Contributor

Uh, maybe hair extensions!!!

Frequent Contributor

This lineup reminds me of Dancing with the Stars. Bunch of has-beens and never heard ofs.