Certainly not diet food or anything having to do with losing weight

Fat shaming isn't nice.

Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC & HSN’s Largest Shopping Event — Nov 6 & 7

[ Edited ]

I will pass.  

Honored Contributor

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

People complain all the time that they don't offer free S&H enough.  Now here's two days of it and this whole thread is full of snarky comments.

Silly me - by the title I thought it was going to be a discussion of what others may be buying.  (Won't be surprised, if these forums are closed permanently after the New Year.)

Trusted Contributor

I think the biggest problem with this special weekend event is that they are making it out to be something new and exciting and it is just the same old products. Having QVC "celebrities," for example. Mally, cutting into a cooking show with David iust to start screeching, wasn't an incentive to buy anything. And seeing so many of the hosts wearing pajamas or other clothes, that are too tight, rather than letting the models wear them, sure doesn't entice me to buy them for myself or as a gift.

Saying that there is so much LIVE programming going on is a little interesting, since the late nights haven't been live for a long time, but, again, if the products aren't interesting or exciting, why bother?

I do appreciate the free shipping and just wish I had seen something to purchase.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It seems like so long ago [now that we can sign back in the Forums], but I actually liked the 49-Hr Live weekend very much.

As I said earlier, if it meant less repeat presentations, more actual Live shows, larger mix of products -- I'm all in.  The free shipping was fantastic also!  So it was great to me.

But also, I stand by my statement that celebrities were not needed for this.  They weren't even on the 4 channels selling stuff.  They were on the other platforms like Facebook, doing things like wrapping presents, cooking, and singing.  Yes, I enjoyed hearing Isaac Mizrahi sing some caberet songs Live.  But even at that I stayed for about 10 minutes on Facebook listening, and that was it.

So the whole celebrity thing was another push to get people over to Facebook and the other platforms.  

But on their shopping channels, I was able to switch presentations between the 4 QVC & HSN mix, and actually shopped more!  HSN 2 is never Live programming, so that was a fantastic bonus.  I bought things I've never seen before on HSN.  On QVC, I never saw that Dyson TSV more than once! 😂