Respected Contributor

Re: QVC & HSN Looking for Brick & Mortar Store Space in NYC

When the QVC Mall of America Store started out, it was small. The store was then moved across from the original location and by all accounts was doing well. They pulled up when MOA raised rents a few years back.

QVC was well shopped there I believe, airport shuttles brought  new people over all the time, so it wasn't just locals who shopped there.

The MOA is in expansion mode yet again and I wouldn't mind QVC showing up again!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful ShopperThanks for that info because I don't read links.  That area of Manhattan makes great sense for all the companies.  Macys Herald Square store and Penn Station already make the area ripe for shopping, and there are lots of store fronts that, in my opinion could and would be better used with the likes of all the companies looking for space.

Contributor

I live in NYC so this would make me very happy!

Esteemed Contributor

QVC and HSN must be trying to lure in younger GenXers and millennials to wear their clothing lines. Like that is going to happen...not!

Honored Contributor

I live in Manhattan and avoid that area (W.34th St.) like the plague!   It's a mob scene!

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm not clicking on the link but QVC had a store in the Mall of America and it closed.  How is this different?

My thought exactly.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Respected Contributor

I went to both MOA shops.  The first was the corner hole in the wall.  And then the larger.  Both had limited appeal to those that had seen the merchandise on TV, qvc viewers.  To everyone else i imagine it looked like a hodge podge of junk.  It did to me.  Unless they install David Venable to welcome visitors i doubt this new site will turn out differently. 😬

Valued Contributor

That kinda ticked me off. Why do they need to set up a petting zoo in the middle of NYC  IN A prime area. As if these people need to check out their Dysons. I can't imagine a better way to look inferior than to really go up against the true high end stores. Yes, people will see the facade and in the meantime, prices will GO UP TO PAY FOR IT.

Regular Contributor

Didn't the Q at one point have Diamonique in some Target stores. I remember seeing it in the Target near me (suburb north of Boston)? It didn't seem to take off and kind of faded away......