Contributor

QVC partnered with the company I work for to offer a discount to its employees for two months prior to Christmas. During that time, I ordered a pricey collector's bear. The computer showed the item as "in stock," but a week or so later, I received an e-mail telling me it was back ordered.

Then, after many weeks of waiting, I received a letter in the mail telling me that QVC was canceling my order because they were unable to obtain the item from the manufacturer.

Funny enough, just two days after receiving that letter, the item was back on the website. (What happened to being unable to get the item from the manufacturer???!!)

I called Customer service to re-order, explaining that when I had ordered the item, I had gotten it at a discount. I fully explained the situation.

They told me that since the order was canceled and it's now past the discount period, and THEY WOULD NOT HONOR THE DISCOUNTED PRICE!!! WHAT???!!!!

Frankly, I'm shocked and appalled.

1. The item showed "in stock" when I ordered it.

2. I received an e-mail telling me my order was being processed.

3. They then inform me it's backordered, even though the computer showed it was in stock. I waited patiently for the order for a number of weeks.

4. Most important of all.. I didn't cancel my order, QVC DID!

What's really sad is that they don't seem to want to do the right thing and honor their discount. They don't seem to care that I have been a loyal customer for more than ten years, and that I've literally spent thousands of dollars with QVC. They seem willing to lose me as a customer over a lousy $20 or so dollars. Penny wise, pound foolish.

I'm hoping QVC will rethink this.