Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Will Be Launching a New Baby Line

@Kachina624 wrote:

@jlrbr.  How about Christine Zell?  She can't talk 5 minutes without mentioning her two toddlers.  She'd be in Seventh Heaven.

Sorry ...but the worst one mentioning the baby is the girl who now works for Kim Gravel now when she is not here and she used to work for C. Wonder...thats when we heard about the wedding............saw her on Q2 a few weeks back and i couldn't believe how many times she said she just recently had a baby..............................

Esteemed Contributor

It is a mistake ...........i am sure they are thinking us older folks will be purchasing for grandchildren!!  Sorry but you can't find a better deal then Kohls for baby and children

products...........good luck QVC...............

Honored Contributor

I didn't start watching QVC until I had a baby and watched when I fed her. Could be worth a shot though it seems most women who watch QVC are past childbearing years but there are always grandkids!

They could always test the market with a few shows and see how it is received. There programming is the same old same old  

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Perfect for all of those 'busy moms' the hosts always refer to when selling, well,  just about anything Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

If you click on "new" on the home page, there are pages and pages of new items.  Lots of maternity wear, cribs, swaddlers, on and on.   You all missed it...????  Too busy dissing and not paying attention....shame on you all.

Honored Contributor

@JesssMe. If YOU were paying attention, you would have noticed I mentioned maternity clothes back in post #4.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

QVC will soon become the Today Show.  I too thought of JCPenney and what happened to a once great store.  

Contributor

I would rather see more Linea and other quality clothing lines - I have no interest in listening to hours of talk about baby clothes, cribs, etc...  QVC will lose more viewers if this continues.  Whoever is at the helm now is piloting a sinking ship.  No more overnight programming, cutting back on ordering things that sell well, shipping problems that are more than annoying, and now - having to listen to (whenever it launches) continuous conversation about baby clothes.  You are going to lose your over 40 audience - and then some.  Good luck QVC...I am not happy and have been a customer from the beginning...

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, I am surprised by all the negativity especially since so many say they don't watch but check out whats available on line only.  So QVC is introducing a new line of products  and why is that a bad thing?  If it works great if not they will move on. IMHO it's how things are presented.  If it's done without hosts running around frantically, talking five miles a minute and overdoing the presentations it could work.  Many sites offer baby "stuff" on line.  How many mothers buy kids clothes on Zuilly?  Prices must be in line, quality merchandise and fast shipping could make it work.

Don't ram it down our throats like hours and hours each week of SG, Logo, kitchen junk and food. Lori Grenier has been presenting the same stuff forever.  More products in less time presented professionally could work.  Maybe maybe not but it's worth a shot.

Honored Contributor

As sales decline because no one wants to watch pregnant models wearing maternity clothes, in the meantime,QVC's CFO reports, August 19, 2019, for those wondering about price increases.....

"Teams are taking actions to mitigate the cost impact in collaboration with our vendors including shifting product sourcing from China, sharing the cost burden across the supply chain and increasing retail prices where necessary.  It's too early to predict accurately, what effect the tariffs may have on sales demand. However, this is a dynamic situation we are continuing to monitor and we hope trade actions between U.S. and China deescalate."