Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Why are you still allowing this?

I'll let you all know how the fudge is, lol 😁

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Valued Contributor

Whenever I make a purchase from HSN I receive an e-mail a few weeks later asking for a review of the item.  They know I purchased the item.  QVC would do well to folllow suit to ensure that the reviewer actually purchased the item being reviewed.  docsgirl

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

Of course she wouldn't buy the shoes if she thought they were that ugly. I don't have a problem with her wanting people to know she thinks the shoes are ugly, it's her opinion. Some people actually care if other people think the shoes are ugly so she may be doing some a service.

It's called a review system, not an opinion poll. Why should anyone care if someone else thinks they're ugly? We are all able to decide that for ourselves.

If someone doesn't have real, firsthand knowledge of an item, she has no business posting.

The real fault lies with QVC, but they simply don't care.

-----------

I absolutely agree that her review should not have been allowed to be posted.  I have always thought a written review (negative or positive) was about an item that had been purchased and tried/worn/used.  If she felt that negative about the shoes, she could have started a thread on the item

Honored Contributor

@Venezia, I wish I could give you 10 hearts for your response to @blackhole99. Who cares if a viewer thinks something is ugly? We could flood the review pages with those type of comments. I want to know if the item was packaged properly and whether it worked or fit as expected. In other words, I want to hear from those people who bought the item.

Trusted Contributor

Agreeing with @Venezia and others here! Actual, legitimate, informative reviews from customers are very important to me. More so even than the product demonstrations on TV or videos here on the site.

Importing reviews on the same item, from those who have actually purchased and used them are okay, too, but if the purchase can’t be verified, they are useless and could be fake. I therefore ignore them.

I find I often have to research the same items of interest if offered elsewhere, like at Zappos or Amazon before buying them here if the price is better. Sadly, usually it's not. This is especially true of shoes, which I refuse to pay to ship back. I do have problem feet, but also live on a budget. 

I could not care less if some random reviewer thinks my choice of shoes, blouse, etc. is ugly according to their personal taste. I'll be the one wearing them.. and paying for them. 

I suspect some “reviewers” are paid shills from competitors. Or just extremely bored individuals looking to get a rise out of someone. 

The email to customers who have purchased an item, asking for reviews is an excellent idea, imo. 

Honored Contributor

I have even reported reviews where they said they didnt receive it, but the reviewer indicated they were sure they were going to love it---Even though I reported it, the Q allowed the review to stand?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@Venezia, I wish I could give you 10 hearts for your response to @blackhole99. Who cares if a viewer thinks something is ugly? We could flood the review pages with those type of comments. I want to know if the item was packaged properly and whether it worked or fit as expected. In other words, I want to hear from those people who bought the item.

@AuntG, I agree with you but have to clarify that if a reviewer includes packaging in a review, it could be rejected. Packaging is considered a customer service issue and according to the guidelines are not appropriate.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@AuntG, I agree with you but have to clarify that if a reviewer includes packaging in a review, it could be rejected. Packaging is considered a customer service issue and according to the guidelines are not appropriate.

@suzyQ3 - That distinction always blows my mind--proper packaging is essential to confidence that you'll receive the item you're purchasing intact.

For example, I tried SIX different times to purchase some orange curd from a company I know and trust on Amazon, and every single time, the jar was simply placed in a padded envelope for shipping. Unsurprisingly, I received five broken jars of curd and one jar where the lid popped off in transit, so I had to contact customer service six separate times to request refunds because the food items weren't returnable. I tried to leave a review about this in hopes that the company would find a way to fix the problem, but because I couldn't comment about the actual product, my review wasn't approved.

I understand that the packaging and the product are separate, and shipping issues can happen regardless of the product due to careless couriers, but I think it should be allowable to mention packaging problems and still have reviews be posted. And I've noticed that QVC seems to be more lenient in some cases than in others on this subject--for example, there are several reviews currently posted about recent poor packaging of the Authentic Gourmet croissants. So I guess it may just depend on who reviews the reviews on a given day...

Trusted Contributor

Q needs to take a page from HSN.  You can't post about a product unless you purchase it.  And HSN makes you wait 5 days after the product has been delivered before you can write a review. 

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@suzyQ3 - That distinction always blows my mind--proper packaging is essential to confidence that you'll receive the item you're purchasing intact.

For example, I tried SIX different times to purchase some orange curd from a company I know and trust on Amazon, and every single time, the jar was simply placed in a padded envelope for shipping. Unsurprisingly, I received five broken jars of curd and one jar where the lid popped off in transit, so I had to contact customer service six separate times to request refunds because the food items weren't returnable. I tried to leave a review about this in hopes that the company would find a way to fix the problem, but because I couldn't comment about the actual product, my review wasn't approved.

I understand that the packaging and the product are separate, and shipping issues can happen regardless of the product due to careless couriers, but I think it should be allowable to mention packaging problems and still have reviews be posted. And I've noticed that QVC seems to be more lenient in some cases than in others on this subject--for example, there are several reviews currently posted about recent poor packaging of the Authentic Gourmet croissants. So I guess it may just depend on who reviews the reviews on a given day...

@loriqvc, the recommendation for any customer service issues is to contact QVC. This way the review system can focus only on the product.

As a customer, I'm aware that there will be occasional packaging problems from any retail site. It does my no good, though, when interested in the the product itself.

Any site that posts review guidelines are pretty much the same. Amazon Marketplace (third-party sellers) is interesting in that you can rate the seller on one page and rate the product on another.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland