Valued Contributor

QVC Why are you still allowing this?

I was looking at these Alegria Shoes Jane was showing..I go to the reviews and I see it has only 1 Star..BUT it's only one review..So,I go and read the review and this is what it says/..... Please check out the answer if she PURCHASED & RECEIVED THE ITEM.......NO..REALLY QVC..STOP ALLOWING PEOPLE TO DO THIS!

These are the ugliest shoes I ever saw! I wouldn’t wear these shoes even if they were given to me free, Hate the gaudy bright colors and the big rubber piece around the toe. Reminds me of a tire. Sorry but I think these are horrendous looking
Did you purchase and receive the item you are currently reviewing?No
Would you recommend this product as a gift?No

Valued Contributor

Re: QVC Why are you still allowing this?

@Alexa6352 wrote:

I was looking at these Alegria Shoes Jane was showing..I go to the reviews and I see it has only 1 Star..BUT it's only one review..So,I go and read the review and this is what it says/..... Please check out the answer if she PURCHASED & RECEIVED THE ITEM.......NO..REALLY QVC..STOP ALLOWING PEOPLE TO DO THIS!

These are the ugliest shoes I ever saw! I wouldn’t wear these shoes even if they were given to me free, Hate the gaudy bright colors and the big rubber piece around the toe. Reminds me of a tire. Sorry but I think these are horrendous looking

There was a review for a purse under the Kaleidoscope trees.  I don't  know why Q accepts these reviews, and they bring down the ratings.

Honored Contributor

Of course she wouldn't buy the shoes if she thought they were that ugly. I don't have a problem with her wanting people to know she thinks the shoes are ugly, it's her opinion. Some people actually care if other people think the shoes are ugly so she may be doing some a service.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good point.  I don't know why they even started asking if the reviewer received the item.  This should never have been posted, IMO.  I think they must have an inept machine screening reviews.  Makes me feel like an idiot for trying to write accurate appraisals of products.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Looking at the reviews from a high level is useless.  You have to read all of them to see if the person have an opinion or a review.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

What would posses a person to give a review on something she doesn't even own. Ridiculous. Sorry, but I think she has issues, does she not think we can all see what the shoes look like?

Respected Contributor

@OP, I would post this on QVC Facebook page. It would likely get a better response from QVC

Respected Contributor

In that same vein I think only a moron will give a review like this:

"I just received this (toaster, mixer, camera, etc) and it is beautiful. I'm sure I am going to love it."

In other words a review before you have even used the item.

Honored Contributor

There is no rhyme or reason to the reviews or what is allowed.

i nice gave a good  5 Star review for something explaining it's good points and why I liked it.  The next day I received an e-mail saying that it could not be used and didn't meet their criteria.

i also gave a review on a pair of shoes that looked nice, but had no support and I kept turning my ankle while wearing them. They didn't use that one either

Respected Contributor

QVC has a not so good reputation about HONEST reviews, imo...

All of a sudden hundreds of reviews will show up... and do not make sense at all, that a person purchased them, nor if they got them at qvc or who knows...there is no verification at all... 

Since it's shoes...this one A277059 all of a sudden has a lot..but,

a 5 star said they did NOT buy it....ummm...🙄... honestly QVC.

SHOE review .png

DID NOT BUY.png

Q seems desperate now to me...really high prices / a lot of  e z pays, and well you know.......etc...imo... They all seem to be behaving so strange, oddly to me. 😳 ..... like redirecting us... or confusing us. 🤯

-Do Not Copy Pls-