Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Why are you still allowing this?

[ Edited ]

I don't care whether they bought it or received it as a gift, or if it came bundled with other things in a special offer.

I just want the reviewer to have actually used the SAME item correctly at least once before posting a review. 

Honored Contributor

@Alexa6352Sorry about misreading your post -  I see I wasn't the only one.  It would have helped all of us to read you more accurately if you'd started the quotation with opening quotation marks.

Glad to know the rudeness wasn't yours though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have reported the reviews where the person did not purchase item OR hasn't even received the item yet but gave it a good review because they liked the vendor......And even though I reported the reviews---- they remained......Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Skididdy  Seriusly - they ask this question ie did you buy this product yes or no.

What's the purpose if you did not actually but it. You check no, you review it anyway and your blurb gets posted. What's the point?

You check yes BUT you really did not buy it. You review it - HOW? You know nothing about the product but potentially sight of it in a video or just online. You still choose to write a review. WHY & HOW?

It's just ridiculous folks bothering to write a review on any qvc product and then it gets posted regardless of whether or not you bought it, regardless of what you check ie yes or no you bought it.

Total ridiculousness.

@PINKdogWOOD

There were some reviews I read and reported that stated, "I haven't purchased this item, but own other products from this line, so I know this one just has to be as good".......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Occasional Contributor

And yet I can't count how many reviews I've left for items I HAVE purchased that were never published.  EVERY one of them was for something I was not exactly happy with but I wasn't nasty.  The last one was the Philosophy TSV that I felt was misrepresented as Coconut and I stated that in the review.  It has still never been published.  I have a pretty bad taste in my mouth anymore toward QVC including returns that sit in a black hole forever with no ability to track them and the way they have ruined the Wish List (which I haven't been able to access for a couple of days so maybe they are FINALLY going to fix it).  Unless it's something I absolutely can't live without and can't find anywhere else I don't buy from them anymore.

Valued Contributor

I just went back to look at the Reviews of this LOGO Dress..QVC REMOVED THE REVIEW I WA TALKING ABOUT...BUT.on the very top now is this review and once again it's from a person who DIDN'T BUY THIS ITEM

Here's the Review

" I BOUGHT ANOTHER DRESS SIMILAR AT KOHLS BY VERA WANG. IT IS CHEAPER AND PRETTIER THAN THIS ONE. SAME MATERIAL AND DONE EXACTLY THE SAME STYLE PATTERN. SO I DON'T KNOW WHICH DESIGNER CAME UP WITH THIS FIRST. SINCE VERA WANG HAD HERS OUT SINCE LAST YEAR ONE CAN ONLY THINK SHE WAS FIRST. IF YOU WANT TO SPEND MORE MONEY GO AHEAD IS NOT CHECK OUT KOHLS. PERFECT FOR A FULL FIGURE GAL LIKE ME. 

This is just stupid!

Honored Contributor

The issue with reviews not being legitimate comes up all the time on these boards and some of us (myself included) even wrote to the PTB to bring the issue to their attention.

Nothing changes and only occasionally does an inappropriate review get deleted.  I've accepted that I'm beating my head against a brick wall reporting anything to an unknown entity (that's probably a computer program that only vets the verbiage).

It remains, however, that I find it irritating and completely unfair to both vendor and customer, when these types of reviews are published.

Respected Contributor

It happens to all of the brands.  I like Linea.  I hate when somone posts a negative review without even purchasing the garment, etc.

Frequent Contributor

@pupwhipped

They are not spammers, they are trolls.

I agree QVC should not accept those nonsese reviews.

Honored Contributor

A while back, someone in this forum defended the practice of submitting non-reviews.  They said that they could see what they needed from the TV, and trusted the host, so that meant they could review the product just fine.

But that is not a review of the item, that is the same as giving a rating for how well a commercial did. 

You actually have to have the item to know if the sheets pilled after the 1st washing; top was as soft a promised; fit was true to your regular QVC sizing; food was fresh; electronics actually worked; scent was pleasant; etc. 

But to say, "why don't you offer this in narrow?!" and give it 1-star; or, "I love Harry Slatkin, so happy he's back! Cannot wait for his candles again!" and give it a 5-star -- Ridiculous.  But those reviews are still there and continue to be allowed.