Valued Contributor

Re: QVC Why are you still allowing this?

Alice-QVC..The Item # is A305433...

Valued Contributor

@millieshops Did you even read my post..I love Logo and I purcahsed that dress..Before you post..READ WHAT I SAID

Valued Contributor

@millieshops mY POST WAS DEFINITELY honest..i WAS quoting someone else....So,my advice to you is maybe you should READ before you speak!

Honored Contributor

@Alexa6352  I am 100% with you! I have posted in Customer Service on this forum about the horrible practice of QVC accepting these non-review reviews from people who very obviously have never purchased the product.  Both 5-star and 1-star reviews are littered all over the website for products never purchased.

A QVC moderator here once responded, "they are expressing their opionion."  I was livid, since I feel the reviews are not intended to just give opinions.  Yes, a lot of real reviews are still not helpful, but let me decide that for myself; at least they purchased the item. 

Plus, QVC uses that "Customer Top Rated" badge of honor all the time, and it's bogus if they allow non-reviews. 

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Alexa6352 thank you for the item number. I have sent a request for the team that handles reviews to research this one.

Super Contributor

Ooooh, OK . . . Please don't jump all over me for this response. I am one of those who absolutely does not understand the appeal of the LOGO line and have no desire or intention of purchasing those items. I DO feel, however, that those items deserve honest reviews and honest reviews cannot be written by folks who have not purchased the garments. I completely agree that reviews written by anyone who has not purchased the product, LOGO or any other brand, should not be accepted or published. Just my opinion.

Hugs . . .

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't stand reviews written by those who obviously haven't purchased the product either! It's plain dishonesty. Maybe QVC could come up with a way that you would have to go through the actual purchase on your order page to be able to post a review? @Alice-QVC, that's a suggestion you could pass on.

One more thing I will add, there are plenty of "trolls" on these boards who come here for one reason only...to criticize QVC, and try to harm sales. There are constantly posts from a "brand new" poster b*tching about their shopping experience in some way. Same old story, "they've shopped here for years, mom and aunt shopped here for years, no one in QVC customer service will help them, never been treated so rudely before, could and should have bought the product cheaper somewhere else, blah, blah blah, blah blah." And they seldom ever even return to the gripe fest they started. I'm sick of their obvious troll games!

And don't get me wrong, if someone who has posted for awhile here on the boards comes and shares their bad experience with QVC, that's fine. I've done the same a time or two myself. Errors and problems do happen. But I believe most of these posts from the perpetual "new" member are likely from the same person just constantly getting a new name...but it's the same old song and dance with their story.....and one very evil motive. 

Sorry I got off topic a bit. But I don't like dishonesty in any shape, form, or fashion. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Alexa6352

Like @millieshops,  I also mis-took the reviewer's sentiments for your own at first.

To your point, I've also read reviews that I reported, but they still stand. Sometimes it's so obvious they never bought or used the item.

Too often I see something that was not written to review, but meant to inflict damage on a product brand name they dislike.

Honored Contributor

@Skididdy  Seriusly - they ask this question ie did you buy this product yes or no.

What's the purpose if you did not actually but it. You check no, you review it anyway and your blurb gets posted. What's the point?

You check yes BUT you really did not buy it. You review it - HOW? You know nothing about the product but potentially sight of it in a video or just online. You still choose to write a review. WHY & HOW?

It's just ridiculous folks bothering to write a review on any qvc product and then it gets posted regardless of whether or not you bought it, regardless of what you check ie yes or no you bought it.

Total ridiculousness.

Honored Contributor

I have reviewed many a QVC product and they do ask the reviewer if they have purchased the item they are reviewing. If they check the box as no, then the review should not be allowed through. The LOGO brand is kinda out there and people may think they are doing people a service by giving them their opinion. Evidently they are watching the show and are reviewing the items they see on the show. Maybe the Q doesn't have a problem with that.