Honored Contributor

Re: QVC-Why are you doing this to us?

@geezerette    QVC has attempted to bring in new merchandise despite serious interruptions in transportation and supply chains.  Other retailers, take Macy's and Kohl's for instance, have had nothing new and are just selling what they had on hand when the pandemic started.

The instability of foreign manufacturers has caused delays in the arrival of merchandise and the arrival of customers orders.  It's a shame QVC never even attemped  to explain this situation to its customers.  Had they communicated, I think people would have been understanding.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@cyn2009 wrote:

I think Susan Graver likes Sandra Bennet so I can't see her going. Jen Coffeyy seens to do well with Isaac and jewelry. But nowadays its anyone game so maybe those that thought they were safe...aren't

@cyn2009   Seems like there are still way too many hosts, more than they need.  I bet some of the old timers are offered retirement incentives.  Q would love to replace them with a younger crowd, and this makes a good excuse.  I think there will be more changes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@geezerette    QVC has attempted to bring in new merchandise despite serious interruptions in transportation and supply chains.  Other retailers, take Macy's and Kohl's for instance, have had nothing new and are just selling what they had on hand when the pandemic started.

The instability of foreign manufacturers has caused delays in the arrival of merchandise and the arrival of customers orders.  It's a shame QVC never even attemped  to explain this situation to its customers.  Had they communicated, I think people would have been understanding.

@Kachina624 - Excellent point! I do think it would be better if they were honest about things. I have emailed the social team a number of times, and I always say I understand these times are preventing our getting our orders in a timely manner. But I would like to know if I will EVER get it. I don't mind waiting. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I prefer online shopping too.  But I don't buy much from Q anymore.  I price shop and the vast majority of what Q sells can be found elsewhere for less money.... sale prices, promo codes, free shipping, free returns, etc.  In addition, the other retailers process orders and returns a whole lot faster than Q.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

You had to be blind not see this coming in some form.  24 hour on air was cancelled - shipping problems - account $ problems.  It was very obvious the boat was tilting.

It has been coming for a long time. Some of us have been suggesting this was in process... for a good part of the past decade or longer. QVC has been notorious for a 'their way or the highway' approach and that's been working less and less well for them, over time, but they've cosistently refused to tweak their stale model in any meaningful way. Hens are coming home to roost and it isn't pretty. Retail all over is hurting, but some of the things that are most damaging to QVC are things they should have been addressing long ago. Instead Nero fiddled and, well, you get the drift...

@stevieb  Im distressed about the layoffs.  QVC needs to institute coupons or a loyalty program to keep customers coming back. I fear that QVC is becoming tone deaf to what customers want.   

I am scared for our youth and what our country has become. Coriporations have become very cold and impersonal and it is getting worse by the year.

@Reever 

I agree with everything you said.

However, corporations have always been "cold and impersonal"--it's not just a recent occurrence.  Their job is to make profits for their shareholders. But alienating their customers is not the way to go about it.

Valued Contributor

They were struggling before this mess, like JCP and many others. And for some unknown reason the Q continues to make the same mistakes regardless of the outcome, lost sales and customers. Shipping and returns have been horrible long before all this, yet the problems were allowed to escalate. I use a 1/2 dozen other online retailers, I have yet to wait for an item, they're not "in progress" for days. Returns are credited in a timely manner. These were things important to me, that the Q failed over and over.
As far as the hosts, I'm sure they've seen this coming. Some need to retire.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@geezerette    Things were going very well until the pandemic hit.  How do you business planning for that?  Wham!  Almost overnight the whole world changed.

Every smart business has a 'disaster' recovery plan.  I helped write sections of one for a Fortune 500 financial services company decades ago and wrote updates until I retired.  It should be in place for every aspect of business long before a tornado, flood, epidemic, etc.  

Our city was flooded in 1993 and we lost our water supply for 2 weeks.  Power was out 4-15 days depending on location.  The corporate and business unit recovery plans worked like a charm.  It managed to do so well that customers didn't even notice.

Business recovery plans are also allowing that huge international corporation to function well during this epidemic too.   

Contributor

I agree to an extent but Amazon can get things to you in 2 days but I just received a package from QVC 37 days after I ordered it and the warehouse it was sent from is only 300 miles away!! Couple that with almost non-existant customer service and you know things are BAD. I have been with QVC since day 1 and in all these years I have never been contacted to comment on customer service etc. I have been an executive in a large corporation and we always asked our customers for their opinions, it helped us perform better. I think too much expansion of the channels and purcase of all these other companies has been bad for business. I pray they straighten this out, I miss the old QVC.

Super Contributor

@CalminHeart I wish I were that savvy a shopper, I mean that respectfully ~ lol ~ I'm too old school I guess, never did take well to some of the new shopping apps (Groupon an example) or the ones that offer rebates, find some overwhelming ~ I wish there was a "course" lol somewhere on how to do savvy shopping as you described!
Frequent Contributor

So many people are out of work, money is tight and no room for non-essentials.  If we ever recover and the economy improves, so will selections in products and channels.  By God's good grace, my husband and I are doing okay.  Counting my blessings.