Occasional Contributor

Re: QVC-Why are you doing this to us?

I am fairly young (30) so I am one of their target demo's when it comes to a target audience. But I must say, I am not a fan of many of their hosts, way to high energy but in a fake way, not actually good at 'selling' anything. They just talk alot and get excited for no reason, I personally prefer to listen to the old guard hosts (not jane), less BS. 

What QVC does do well, IMO, is take popular brands/products in beauty (tarte, josie, tatcha, IT! etc.) and then does a great job offering the mega sizes, which if you do the math, usually pans out to be cheaper by volume. Which is EXACTLY the reason I came to QVC. I was just out of school, living in an expensive city, working 80+ hour weeks at a hospital and making very little money. QVC gave me a way to keep a few products I liked by buying in volume. Easy pay on items like dyson, kitchenaid & vitamix is great for people who need it and at that time, I did. 

However, much of their in house brands of clothing & such is ******. The brands that are available in the market (splendid, bare foot, clarks) just buy it elsewhere, use ebates, retailme not etc.  and you'lll find a better price. 

I think QVC is loosing their place in this era. First, other retailers do an awesome job with quick shipping, QVC has no excuse for how slow theirs is when Amazon, Nordstroms, Zappos etc. can get to me in 48 - 96 hours, most of the time for free.  Second, I hate seeing 'influencers' who know nothing; except they can show a currated life and fake persona, shilling for QVC. These girls never once talked about it before but now they are getting paid to, of course they are talking about the great deals at QVC because they are getting free products. For the most part, I am out on QVC. I'll pick up small things here and there but for the most part I'll just head to Sephora, Grandin Road (I know they own), Nordstroms and contiue on happily Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

If a retailer who sells online couldn't survive during the past few months, they need to be gone.  You better play the price competitive game for starters.

Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@simplyfriends wrote:

Because it's a business and we have been experiencing a pandemic for 5 months. Slow manufacturing and shipping, safety measures that require extensive planning. They aren't doing layoffs and making drastic changes for fun. They have to be profitable. 

Handled correctly, an online business should be thriving during a period when people are largely confined to their homes.  

Part of the problem is probably long delay times for products coming into the US from overseas. Most of the clothing and lots more comes from China and other countries. Sales must have been down big time during the overnight hours. I'm assuming the sales didn't warrant live broadcasting during the hours of 3:00 am to 7:00 am. Plus, the problems are doubled for similar issues since they bought HSN. I haven't looked yet, but I guess the same changes have come to HSN2, or will soon.

Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Give them all CS positions and tell them to Pick Up The Phone!

Imagine for a moment that QVC must provide a safe working environment for all of their back office employees, including order entry operators and customer service reps. Many may not make much more than minimum wage, which may be less than $10/hr. To maintain social distancing, they might have to limit the staff to using only every third available workstation or cubby. Yes, I am just guessing, but I am aware of some of the issues facing businesses today, including supply-chain issues. 

Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@geezerette    QVC has attempted to bring in new merchandise despite serious interruptions in transportation and supply chains.  Other retailers, take Macy's and Kohl's for instance, have had nothing new and are just selling what they had on hand when the pandemic started.

The instability of foreign manufacturers has caused delays in the arrival of merchandise and the arrival of customers orders.  It's a shame QVC never even attemped  to explain this situation to its customers.  Had they communicated, I think people would have been understanding.

I totally agree! I think they are getting smarter by listing many of the recent items they've shown as "advanced order". At least this gives them more time to address potential delays, and it gives me the option to cancel my order if I decide not to wait. That was my biggest peeve when my order was listed as "in process", which prevented me from cancelling, even though it might not actually ship for another 3 weeks.

I hope the proper people that run QVC see this.  I was so upset that Antonella and Stacey are no longer on QVC.  They were the real deal, regular, normal people.  I have not watched QVC since these two were let go.  I can't stand Jane Tracey and Shawn.  Fake as fake could be.  I will be following Antonella and Stacey with whatever they venture out to do.  Get ride the the new hosts.  Won;t watch Down home with David cuz his  co-partner for Thursday nite is Ali Carr.  Stacey and him clicked so well.  Big mistake QVC.  

Valued Contributor

I've run into similar problems with other retailers as well as QVC, most notable Macy's and Shutterfly.  I ordered a blouse from Macy's where customer service is nonexistant.  It arrived only after I disputed the charge with my credit card company a month after being charged for it.  Quoting tracking info this is where many of my QVC deliveries seem to have stopped dead:  
"Package departed UPS Mail Innovations facility enroute to USPS for induction"  then it's marked "Fontana, CA".  Somewhere, miles east of Los Angeles, UPS is handing off to the USPS and it appears to sit there for days.  

Of the 3 Shutterfly is the only one that had true customer service available through chat.  Macy's offers nothing.

Contributor

@Sandygb wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@geezerette    QVC has attempted to bring in new merchandise despite serious interruptions in transportation and supply chains.  Other retailers, take Macy's and Kohl's for instance, have had nothing new and are just selling what they had on hand when the pandemic started.

The instability of foreign manufacturers has caused delays in the arrival of merchandise and the arrival of customers orders.  It's a shame QVC never even attemped  to explain this situation to its customers.  Had they communicated, I think people would have been understanding.

I totally agree! I think they are getting smarter by listing many of the recent items they've shown as "advanced order". At least this gives them more time to address potential delays, and it gives me the option to cancel my order if I decide not to wait. That was my biggest peeve when my order was listed as "in process", which prevented me from cancelling, even though it might not actually ship for another 3 weeks.

it was my biggest complaint that I ordered something would wait weeks and if I changed by mind...I could not cancel it. I would not doubt many people began putting complaints to now put items on advance order so it buys them time when sending items out.

Super Contributor

@CalminHeart thanks so much for your shopping / website tips I appreciate it.
I'll have to check them out. I mainly shop for certain brands on the Q such as Dooney & Bourke, Luminara, Lock and Lock, Dyson, Barefoot Dreams, sometimes Peace Love World but slowing down on them lol - Philosophy too - so hope to find those brands elsewhere!
Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@simplyfriends wrote:

Because it's a business and we have been experiencing a pandemic for 5 months. Slow manufacturing and shipping, safety measures that require extensive planning. They aren't doing layoffs and making drastic changes for fun. They have to be profitable. 

Handled correctly, an online business should be thriving during a period when people are largely confined to their homes.  

@faeriemoon 

I would disagree. Millions of Americans have been laid off which cuts into your discretionary income. Then you have people that would rather save and not spend money during these uncertain times.

QVC, has in my opinion been listing a little bit in recent years, This pandemic and decrease in spending just sunk the ship. This is an effort I assume to right it. 

I agree!  While we're okay financially for now, I'm very worried about the future of the country as well as for my family!

Are we heading into a financial catastrophe worse than the great depression?...that is very troubling and sobering to think about.

I have plenty of clothes and frivolous things like holiday decorations. Will we be able to entertain at all this holiday season?!!  If not what's the point of buying Christmas in July stuff?  I understand that for some people it makes them happy to buy a few things.  However many of us are very worried and are being more cautious about spending. 

Right now I have no desire to spend for those unnecessary wants as I did before without a lot of thought.

QVC is a business that was blindsided like most businesses concerning the pandemic.  No one planned for that...no one knew what would happen a year ago going into 2020.