Honored Contributor

Re: QVC-Why are you doing this to us?

@faeriemoon wrote:

@simplyfriends wrote:

Because it's a business and we have been experiencing a pandemic for 5 months. Slow manufacturing and shipping, safety measures that require extensive planning. They aren't doing layoffs and making drastic changes for fun. They have to be profitable. 

Handled correctly, an online business should be thriving during a period when people are largely confined to their homes.  

@faeriemoon    If they can't get merchandise from their manufacturers, they can't sell it.  That's the problem that has generated all the "where's my order" posts.  Supply chain and transportation interruptions and break downs world-wide.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@geezerette    Things were going very well until the pandemic hit.  How do you business planning for that?  Wham!  Almost overnight the whole world changed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@geezerette    Things were going very well until the pandemic hit.  How do you business planning for that?  Wham!  Almost overnight the whole world changed.

@Kachina624 

I disagree.  I don't think things were going very well before the pandemic hit.  They had a lot of the same problems they do now.  Perhaps not quite as pronounced, but a lot of problems.  And complaints.

And other businesses have had time since this started to get their acts together.  QVC seems to still be wallowing.

Esteemed Contributor

Qvc is tightening their belt like everyone else...they are a business....

and a business needs to make money...

If you work in Sales, you know that there are quotas to be met..

Sad but true..

Contributor

My complaint was more about how they just did these major cutbacks and are providing bad customer service. The shipping delays was one that did it for me. I have been purchasing pants more so lately on qvc If any reasons my emotional attachment is to pants not the channel..Yes, I shop at other online stores.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Qvc is tightening their belt like everyone else...they are a business....

and a business needs to make money...

If you work in Sales, you know that there are quotas to be met..

Sad but true..

@Nataliesgramma 

I think people's complaints, well, my complaints anyway, are how they're tightening their belt.  They're axing the wrong things and things that they never should have started to begin with.

Like @cyn2009 said, the shipping is horrible.  And customer service is horrible.  Don't tighten your belt in those areas by chopping customer service when more people are shopping because they're stuck inside.  Especially when they're having problems getting their orders and refunds.  Concentrate on getting the orders out on time or change your offerings if you can't get products now.  

Sure, this is a tough time for a lot of businesses, especially retail.  But it's the smart and agile that will end up standing in the end.  Those that can't adapt will go under.  

QVC had a very loyal customer base before this pandemic.  But QVC is tightening their belt at the expense of the customers.  I wonder just how much longer they think that can continue?

Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

Guess I missed something, who's been let go?

@Silver Fox1    Read on, there are plenty of posts about it all.  Basically, Q2 and all its hosts are gone.

What about Nancy Hornback?  Wasn't she primarily on Q2?

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Nancy Hornback has that GIA certification and that is a big plus for the jewelry shows  I always enjoy her presentations too.  I haven't seen her in a few weeks; she may be on vacation.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

What about Jen Coffey and Sandra Bennet?
Contributor

I think Susan Graver likes Sandra Bennet so I can't see her going. Jen Coffeyy seens to do well with Isaac and jewelry. But nowadays its anyone game so maybe those that thought they were safe...aren't