Honored Contributor

Re: QVC - What Happened to You?!

On 12/22/2014 brandiwine said:
On 12/22/2014 KYToby said:

I find complaints such as this ludicrous. Every single poster here has access to the internet which provides access to purchase anything we want -- seriously, you can purchase anything. Because of this, QVC changed because it can rarely offer exclusives (other than house brands). After all, how many of us see a product on QVC and look to see if we can find it elsewhere for less?

If you want cut coats, flameless candles, etc., they are right at your fingertips. It just takes a bit of work.

Perhaps you missed the OP's points. It's not that you can find things elsewhere it's the point that the Q started out by making you feel like part of a shopping family. Hosts were knowledgeable and came across as regular people. No over the top makeup and clothing. No screaming and interrupting vendors. They used to go across country finding local vendors with unique items. Quality was excellent and CS was great. Now it's low quality, high prices and super high shipping. There are a couple of hosts like Marybeth and Jill who are respectful to vendors and don't look over the top. Yes we can and I do shop elsewhere. Doesn't mean I don't miss the way it was.

Agreed with up to the point about Jill. I think she's one of the absolute worst about commandeering control at all times... Wonderful point you make about missing QVC doesn't mean we aren't shopping elsewhere... but we can still miss it and wish that they'd listen to what we're saying...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 TY said: I will sometimes watch QVC as well as their competitors through their apps live feeds but generally just to research or for fun before going to a bricks and mortar store to look for something similar. TV shopping has lost its appeal.

Absolutely... And while part of that is because it's no longer new, the biggest part of it they've done to themselves with awful management choices, tedious product lineups, unwatchable programming and frantic hosts.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/22/2014 KYToby said:

I find complaints such as this ludicrous. Every single poster here has access to the internet which provides access to purchase anything we want -- seriously, you can purchase anything. Because of this, QVC changed because it can rarely offer exclusives (other than house brands). After all, how many of us see a product on QVC and look to see if we can find it elsewhere for less?

If you want cut coats, flameless candles, etc., they are right at your fingertips. It just takes a bit of work.

Ah, yes! Another positive, uplifting comment from KYTOBY! Our answer to sunshine in gloomy December (and January, February)...... {#emotions_dlg.mellow}

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/22/2014 stevieb said:
On 12/22/2014 TY said: I will sometimes watch QVC as well as their competitors through their apps live feeds but generally just to research or for fun before going to a bricks and mortar store to look for something similar. TV shopping has lost its appeal.

Absolutely... And while part of that is because it's no longer new, the biggest part of it they've done to themselves with awful management choices, tedious product lineups, unwatchable programming and frantic hosts.

Even in Canada where TSC (The Shopping Channel only ships within Canada) is pretty much copying QVC's and HSN's playbook with some of the same celeb vendors. They also implement the same hackneyed selling phrases and similarly frantic hosts. Canadians are price sensitive and do their shopping homework and know their prices. I only watch TSC on TV if I've nothing else to watch and most times it's with the volume off now.

Contributor

I think their shippping is WAY TO HIGH

I think if I see another Dyson I am going to faint

If I see another tablet or computer I am going to faint

I am a sucker and did pay alot for shipping on some of their items because I could not fing them on HSN. So yes I am guilty of caving in when I kept saying NO DON'T pay the shipping!!

I stumbled upon soap rocks by accident and ordered 5 sets ..they are stunning!!! BUT, as I said, I would never have seen them on air...

Trusted Contributor

Too frequent repeat of certain products. Too many trinkets sold in gift shows. Kitchen programs are nothing but same old stuff, with way too many Temp-tations. Many Cook's Essentials items don't even make it to air. Not even tempted to click on items when I check what has been on air. We've seen it over, and over again before. There are also way, way too many of Susan Graver's loud knits. Enough with the animal prints, Susan!

Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 Lila4now said:

Too frequent repeat of certain products. Too many trinkets sold in gift shows. Kitchen programs are nothing but same old stuff, with way too many Temp-tations. Many Cook's Essentials items don't even make it to air. Not even tempted to click on items when I check what has been on air. We've seen it over, and over again before. There are also way, way too many of Susan Graver's loud knits. Enough with the animal prints, Susan!

All true, added to the never ending computer, vacuum, blender, coffee maker, camera, and tablet shows.

Frequent Contributor

Maybe we should turn the tables around and ask KYToby what is it about the current QVC lineup and selling style that he likes so much. Maybe there is something here that we are all missing.

I'm with all of you who miss the fun of discovering new things on tv and having the pleasure of someone to show you around the product, demonstrating what it can do and how it can be worn. I still have any number of things I purchased long ago and still just love. Many of those things were unknown to me until I saw them on the Q or wouldn't have considered buying because I had no idea what they were for or how they were to be used until I saw them demonstrated.

But to return to my original point, KYToby, tell us what it is about the current iteration of QVC that you love and appreciate. I'd like to know.

Valued Contributor

years ago, I liked to keep Q turned on as I tended a little one and moved through my house. Now, if I surf it once a day, it's unusual. One area I wish would be changed is the idea of one-hour and two-hour product presentations. One-half hour would be more interesting and maybe force Q to bring in more variety.
Occasional Contributor

I also have to say, I watch less and less QVC now, especially since LR is gone. I have the choice of ShopHQ (loving the Waterford crystal and Tiffany lighting), HSN, and JTV besides QVC. I did not buy any Christmas gifts this year on QVC...I did buy from other tv or online shopping sites. The only consistent items I purchase from QVC is WEN and Philosophy...however I have found another source for Philosophy less expensive with free shipping options.