Respected Contributor

QVC - What Happened to You?!

I miss the old QVC terribly. This has been the worst winter/holiday season ever. Your presentation show nothing but electronics, WEN, and nothing at all new. I should thank you as I have saved quite a bit of money from NOT ordering from you for my gifts this year.

What happened to the "old" QVC? I remember when you used to have a lot of new Flameless Candles, all sorts of beautiful sconces and table lights;

What happened to Bethehem outdoor lights, they are gorgeous and I decorated the outside of my house many years with these as I do not have outdoor outlets. You used to sell so many varieties;

What happened to all the thermal gloves and boots (especially the mens that my DH is treasuring) and that you do not sell anymore;

What happened to all the coats (not short jackets) you used to sell?

There are so many items that you have dropped from your shows and now you seem to be selling the same things over and over and over.

Where are the new and fresh products as well as so many of the other lines you seem to have dropped.

Where is the QVC I used to look forward to watching?

Alas, it seems to be gone. So sad. It seems that I am watching HSN more and more lately at least they have tons of new and fresh products but I really, really want the Q back the way it was.

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC - What Happened to You?!

I was so happy that my cable co. picked up HSN this yr. BUT I can not stand to watch it. It seems like cheap made p. o.* n. movie,lol... I can't tell who is the host & who is a vendor. Not my "cup of tea" at ALL.

I am also watching much less QVC this season. Tk goodness for Hallmark channel!!!!

Valued Contributor

JMO, QVC is not interested in attracting new vendors. The only thing they have going for them is the same old house brand junk or the same old vendors who PAY QVC, for airtime. Time was I bought at least 6 or 7 items (sometimes more) every few months-------my last purchase from QVC was in January 2014.
Trusted Contributor

OP, I agree with everything you said! It seems every time I look at the program guide there is some sort of electronic thing being offered (or a vacuum). Why, I do believe we're in for more of the same for Monday's TSV! I remember a few years back David hosted a vintage Christmas show. It was wonderful ~ many of the items were reproductions of Christmas things from the 50's and 60's. They haven't done it since. The wreath I have on my front door is a Bethlehem Lights all white wreath with clear lights that was offered on one of the Lisa Robertson Christmas shows a couple years back. I wish they would bring some of those things back again ~ I miss it too!

Honored Contributor

No firm idea what happened, but it all goes back to management... and yes, it's a real shame how they've gutted this once wonderful, fun place to shop. It stopped being fun quite some time ago. It seems they lost sight of the fact that shopping is supposed to be enjoyable.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Last night and today they were showing the vacumn cleaner over and over,everytime I turned it on there was the vacumn cleaner picking up dirt on the floor, it would go on the whole hour,even on q.v.c. plus there it was, the q is losing it for sure.

Frequent Contributor

On 12/21/2014 loveour4leggedfriends said:

I miss the old QVC terribly. This has been the worst winter/holiday season ever. Your presentation show nothing but electronics, WEN, and nothing at all new. I should thank you as I have saved quite a bit of money from NOT ordering from you for my gifts this year.

What happened to the "old" QVC? I remember when you used to have a lot of new Flameless Candles, all sorts of beautiful sconces and table lights;

What happened to Bethehem outdoor lights, they are gorgeous and I decorated the outside of my house many years with these as I do not have outdoor outlets. You used to sell so many varieties;

What happened to all the thermal gloves and boots (especially the mens that my DH is treasuring) and that you do not sell anymore;

What happened to all the coats (not short jackets) you used to sell?

There are so many items that you have dropped from your shows and now you seem to be selling the same things over and over and over.

Where are the new and fresh products as well as so many of the other lines you seem to have dropped.

Where is the QVC I used to look forward to watching?

Alas, it seems to be gone. So sad. It seems that I am watching HSN more and more lately at least they have tons of new and fresh products but I really, really want the Q back the way it was.

Trusted Contributor

I find complaints such as this ludicrous. Every single poster here has access to the internet which provides access to purchase anything we want -- seriously, you can purchase anything. Because of this, QVC changed because it can rarely offer exclusives (other than house brands). After all, how many of us see a product on QVC and look to see if we can find it elsewhere for less?

If you want cut coats, flameless candles, etc., they are right at your fingertips. It just takes a bit of work.

Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 KYToby said:

I find complaints such as this ludicrous. Every single poster here has access to the internet which provides access to purchase anything we want -- seriously, you can purchase anything. Because of this, QVC changed because it can rarely offer exclusives (other than house brands). After all, how many of us see a product on QVC and look to see if we can find it elsewhere for less?

If you want cut coats, flameless candles, etc., they are right at your fingertips. It just takes a bit of work.

Just as some of us find your constant defense of QVC ludicrous...

There are other ways they can compete for consumer dollars aside from lulling their audience into never-never land... It's high time they figured that out...

The alternative to a QVC induced dream state is to turn the channel (or never tune then in...), which is what I do but I'm not sure that's really good for business...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 stevieb said:
On 12/22/2014 KYToby said:

Just as some of us find your constant defense of QVC ludicrous...

There are other ways they can compete for consumer dollars aside from lulling their audience into never-never land... It's high time they figured that out...

The alternative to a QVC induced dream state is to turn the channel (or never tune then in...), which is what I do but I'm not sure that's really good for business...

I agree with you, stevieb, and with the other criticisms of QVC on this thread.

They're not just a website, they're supposed to be a tv station devoted to shopping. But they've morphed into a non-stop infomercial, as much of a snoozefest as the cheaply-produced 30-minute infomercials we see in the wee hours of the night/morning. If the hackneyed responses "change the channel" or "shop on their website" are the ultimate answer, the question is: why go to the expense of a 24/7 tv channel at all? Since they're no longer offering the best prices on their merchandise, and the presentations are boring and repetitive, they might as well tape all the shows and rerun them or scrap the station altogether and move exclusively to being an online presence.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova