Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Third Quarter 2023 Financial Report

@Tori3569 wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

I'll be more curious to see what the all-important fourth quarter numbers show.

Strong 3rd quarter results are usually a great predictor of strong 4th quarter results.  Especially true when there is early holiday shopping.  There are those who always shop early and those that shop late no matter what.  After spending 7 holiday seasons working in toy retail, 8 in book retail and numerous in apparel retail, a good third quarter has always led into a successful 4th.   I'm in food service now so not as volatile.   I'm really happy to see these results for QVC.

@Tori3569 

That's why I'm curious about the fourth quarter.  One quarter could be a fluke, especially with all the promotions they've been having.  But to be able to carry through into another quarter may mean things are turning around, albeit slowly.  It would give them some breathing room with creditors and investors.

Valued Contributor

I tend to complain a lot about QVC here, primarily about on air presentations and their annoying as heck hosts! But I LOVE QVC. And I very much want them to succeed for a zillion more years. I can't imagine how hard it is for management to figure out what will or will not work in the short and long term. But it sounds like from posts here on this thread that this quarter was a decent one. I am glad and hope they do even better in the fourth quarter. I will say I am a little surprised at categories that did or did not do well. But what do I know?! Woman Very Happy  

Respected Contributor

Only one month into the final quarter,  but I'm willing to bet that it will be exceptional and produce terrific full year results.

Qurate is giving its real customers (those who actually shop and purchase) everything they want.

Willing to actually take bets, debate results line by line by line..

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

Only one month into the final quarter,  but I'm willing to bet that it will be exceptional and produce terrific full year results.

Qurate is giving its real customers (those who actually shop and purchase) everything they want.

Willing to actually take bets, debate results line by line by line..

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing!  I would put serious money down that the continued upswing in sales combined with the greatly improved inventory management will result in strong results for fiscal 23 and continue into 24.  😊

Respected Contributor

I am pleased that the third quarter results were positive. 

I am price conscious and do comparison shop and have been a consistent QVC watcher and shopper but I have been more pleased since they finally implemented the new Rewards program in June of this year, which I immediately joined.

The incentives offered in some of these months convinced me to increase my purchases on some items I was going to acquire somewhere anyway when a particular incentive/promotion made the QVC item the best value.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Trusted Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

I am pleased that the third quarter results were positive. 

I am price conscious and do comparison shop and have been a consistent QVC watcher and shopper but I have been more pleased since they finally implemented the new Rewards program in June of this year, which I immediately joined.

The incentives offered in some of these months convinced me to increase my purchases on some items I was going to acquire somewhere anyway when a particular incentive/promotion made the QVC item the best value.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

I completely agree @aroc3435.   I've been a customer for a long time and have never actually stopped buying here but I slowed down a lot for various reasons.  My husband noticed the other day that there has been an increase in QVC packages lately and asked me if Amazon or Anthropologie went out of business!  😁

Honored Contributor

@PansyBoo wrote:

I tend to complain a lot about QVC here, primarily about on air presentations and their annoying as heck hosts! But I LOVE QVC. And I very much want them to succeed for a zillion more years. I can't imagine how hard it is for management to figure out what will or will not work in the short and long term. But it sounds like from posts here on this thread that this quarter was a decent one. I am glad and hope they do even better in the fourth quarter. I will say I am a little surprised at categories that did or did not do well. But what do I know?! Woman Very Happy  

Perhaps this is why they are now doing things that many customers don't like or understand.  We aren't privy to what categories are actually profitable and which ones are not.

Respected Contributor

@Tori3569   @Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes   I think they will close out this fourth quarter with an "up" but my  personal QVC shopping slows down in January and February since the typical offerings--fitness machines, diet food plans, and such, are of zero interest to me.  But I am sure other customers will take up my slack.

I usually start to purchase again in March when the St. Patrick's Day offerings are shown.

If they offer significant discount on winter clothing and accessories they might tempt me to purchase in January and February of 2024.

I've made purchases today with probably more to come before the 49 hour event closes tomorrow.

Haven't seen any toys suitable for any off my five grandchildren yet, ranging in age from 10 down to 2. 

Usually do find something here for at least one of them before December. 

One I remember buying last year was an advent calendar that had assorted children's Christmas socks, which they loved.  My daughter had to hide them in January because the boys were still pulling them out of the sock draw and wearing them!

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

They disclose category revenue performance quarter by quarter by quarter.

That reveals consumer behavior over time.

Home is the largest revenue category.   And growing.  Others are stagnant.

Honored Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

They disclose category revenue performance quarter by quarter by quarter.

That reveals consumer behavior over time.

Home is the largest revenue category.   And growing.  Others are stagnant.

Then somebody must be buying that overpriced food!😆