Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Studio Tour and Store to Close in August 2019

I have to wonder if this will impact the West Chester tourism industry ? Many of us made trips and in doing so spent money in hotels, area restaurants, gift shops etc.  There is a trickle down effect so its not just QVC who will be losing revenue.  Many of us are now changing our summer travel schedules. The city of West Chester may not like this AT ALL.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Cats3000 wrote:

I suspect that also means the end of the live audience shows

@Cats3000 

"These changes do not impact QVC’s live audience shows and special event offerings. Please visit the Live Events section of our website to learn more about upcoming events."

Proof that "security" has nothing to do with it!  If that was the case, the entire place would be an armed camp.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I have to wonder if this will impact the West Chester tourism industry ? Many of us made trips and in doing so spent money in hotels, area restaurants, gift shops etc.  There is a trickle down effect so its not just QVC who will be losing revenue.  Many of us are now changing our summer travel schedules. The city of West Chester may not like this AT ALL.

I believe Chester County and the City of West Chester will be fine without the QVC's Studio store.  While it will be lost for the fans, QVC Studio's presence in West Chester will still generate revenues through taxes and employment.  Further, West Chester has the University of West Chester sitting there in town central and it is jumping off point to Amish country and to Philly.

Valued Contributor

@Reever wrote:

QVC Studio Park is not in West Chester: it is in Goshen Twp.  Really West Chester couldn't care less what QVC does.

Trusted Contributor

@Sylanne wrote:

@Reever wrote:

QVC Studio Park is not in West Chester: it is in Goshen Twp.  Really West Chester couldn't care less what QVC does.

So, like, say, if QVC decided to relocate far away from the city of West Chester, the city of West Chester would feel no impact whatsoever?

Riiiiiight.

Valued Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@Sylanne wrote:

@Reever wrote:

So, like, say, if QVC decided to relocate far away from the city of West Chester, the city of West Chester would feel no impact whatsoever?

Riiiiiight.

You are comparing Apple's to oranges.  Relocating a company w/the loss of employment opportunities is not 

Trusted Contributor

@Sylanne wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

@Sylanne wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Riiiiiight.

You are comparing Apple's to oranges.  Relocating a company w/the loss of employment opportunities is not 

Just went by what you posted.

I am sure the town of West Chester "cares".  QVC uses the main streets on a regular basis.  That may not be the end all/be all but it does show the place off and it has to draw some people downtown to the shops and restaurants no matter if they are locals or tourists.

Yeah, they care.

Valued Contributor

@Sylanne wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

@Sylanne wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Riiiiiight.

You are comparing Apple's to oranges.  Relocating a company w/the loss of employment opportunities is not the same as a company who chooses to discontinue doing tours of the company.I

Just me, I cannot imagine anyone planning a vacation, spending money to travel, etc. to do a QVC Studio tour.

Trusted Contributor

@Sylanne wrote:

@Sylanne wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

@Sylanne wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Riiiiiight.

You are comparing Apple's to oranges.  Relocating a company w/the loss of employment opportunities is not the same as a company who chooses to discontinue doing tours of the company.I

Just me, I cannot imagine anyone planning a vacation, spending money to travel, etc. to do a QVC Studio tour.

No, I am not.  Money is money, no matter how it gets generated.

Believe it or not, people do plan a trip to QVC when they come to the area.

I said AREA.

That means West Chester as well as the surrounding area.

Cutting out the tour and the store will not make anyone cancel a vacation but it will not bring them to the places that are closer to the QVC facility. That will mean a loss of revenue for some people.

Just think about Uber drivers that took people to and from QVC.  Now, they don't have those customers.

That's just one example.  It might be nothing to you but I think anyone that gets business from the QVC visitors would have something to say about it.

Esteemed Contributor

@alarmclock- Have you ever been to West Chester, PA or the surrounding townships?  Just curious.