Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Studio Tour and Store to Close in August 2019

I believe there has always been a small charge for the tour. I took it once, many years ago. Over the years security measures have been greatly increased at Studio Park. Sign of the times. Visitors no longer have access to places like the employee parking area.

I never bought anything at the retail store. More like a gift shop.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Often wondered how QVC employees (hosts, models, producers, camera crews, and product personnel in particular) felt when tours and audiences were there. One never knows who might be among the crowd. I would find it unnerving.

For their employees safety, it seems a prudent move. Far too many innocent people are killed lately while at their places of business. August is a long time; hopefully, all employees are safe throughout the long, hot summer. Seems scary to me to wait. Now would be the time to make the changes IMO. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I went a few times years ago and really enjoyed seeing the behind the scenes stuff.

But it's not something you have to do over and over again.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Probably wasn't adding to QVC's profits.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC charges $10 for the regular studio tour, and guests are subjected to a metal detector and bag search.  My guess is that tours and store are victims of a budget cut.  After all. someone was paid to conduct tours.  The store was as someone said - little more than a gift shop.  It contained a tiny sample of items sold on the website.  Of course it was nice to buy inexpensive items, like note pads and pens, as souvenirs for people back home.

Super Contributor

Sounds like the beginning of the proverbial end.   

All shopping concepts are cyclical, and home shopping is beginning to lose its luster thanks for Amazon, etc.   Who has time to watch most of the nonsense programming--6 months of holiday, 2 months of pre-holiday, and 4 months of the same repeats.

Honored Contributor

Safety, maybe but they care about the bottom line more than anything.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting. I had not heard about discontinuing the tours and store.

Sounds like my buddies and I will have to do a road trip before August.

Valued Contributor

I did a tour 4 years ago and intended to do another this year. It was fun. Seems like it was popular- space was limited & it sold out- and it is a way to build loyalty and make revenue. Another decision which leaves me shaking my head.
Honored Contributor

Oh that's to bad!  I went on a few tours (yes there was a small fee...it's not for free) and I also went to a live audience show.  QVC is HUGE! .... and one really doesn't run into any hosts unless a host wants to make an appearance with a tour.

On the regular tour we also don't see the hosts' lounge or the cafeteria.  We do see some behind the scenes things going on and can see a live demonstration from high up above looking down.

I think I will try to go one last time.