Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Studio Tour and Store to Close in August 2019

I live an hour away from the QVC Studio and have driven past it many times. I have never wanted to stop and take a tour..

There are many places that generate tourism in the area of West Chester.  The traffic can be horrendous.  I don't the think closing the tours down will cause any monetary loss to the area.

If anyone wants to visit, now is the time if you want to take the tour.  It is a beautiful area of PA with plenty of places to go and things to see and do all within 1 hour travel of Studio Park.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I live an hour away from the QVC Studio and have driven past it many times. I have never wanted to stop and take a tour..

There are many places that generate tourism in the area of West Chester.  The traffic can be horrendous.  I don't the think closing the tours down will cause any monetary loss to the area.

If anyone wants to visit, now is the time if you want to take the tour.  It is a beautiful area of PA with plenty of places to go and things to see and do all within 1 hour travel of Studio Park.  

Yes, like Longwood Gardens.

Trusted Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@alarmclock- Have you ever been to West Chester, PA or the surrounding townships?  Just curious.

Many times.  I go about two to three times a year to visit friends.

Why do you ask?

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

No one said it was going to cause the place to become a ghost town.

Any lost revenue is a problem.

If you are a small business and you lost a few customers, it will be felt.

If going to QVC made someone more likely to go to your diner [for example] and now they are bypassing QVC, they will eat elsewhere, closer to a place they ARE visiting.

It's just common sense.  Business generates business.  A sale is a sale.

Esteemed Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@alarmclock- Have you ever been to West Chester, PA or the surrounding townships?  Just curious.

Many times.  I go about two to three times a year to visit friends.

Why do you ask?

Just curious

Respected Contributor

@Sylanne wrote:

@Reever wrote:

I have to wonder if this will impact the West Chester tourism industry ? Many of us made trips and in doing so spent money in hotels, area restaurants, gift shops etc.  There is a trickle down effect so its not just QVC who will be losing revenue.  Many of us are now changing our summer travel schedules. The city of West Chester may not like this AT ALL.

QVC Studio Park is not in West Chester: it is in Goshen Twp.  Really West Chester couldn't care less what QVC does.

@Sylanne QVC Studio Park is located in West Chester, Chester County. The address is:

1200 Wilson Drive, West Chester, PA 19380

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so glad you posted about this @NewerNickname.  Going to a live show and doing a tour have been on my bucket list.  I'll see if we can get away this summer.  I think my mom would really enjoy this too. 

Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@Sylanne wrote:

@Reever wrote:

I have to wonder if this will impact the West Chester tourism industry ? Many of us made trips and in doing so spent money in hotels, area restaurants, gift shops etc.  There is a trickle down effect so its not just QVC who will be losing revenue.  Many of us are now changing our summer travel schedules. The city of West Chester may not like this AT ALL.

QVC Studio Park is not in West Chester: it is in Goshen Twp.  Really West Chester couldn't care less what QVC does.

@Sylanne QVC Studio Park is located in West Chester, Chester County. The address is:

1200 Wilson Drive, West Chester, PA 19380

Here is the deal for those of you who do not live in the area as I do.  In PA we have weird things called townships and boroughs along with cities.  Yes, QVC studio park is in West Goshen Township - it surronds West Chester city.  The mailing/GPS address for studio park and if not all of West Goshen Township is West Chester.  I do live 30 minutes from QVC, worked there decades ago, went to the Xmas parade and occasionally stop at the outlet in Fraser. It makes me sad that people will lose their jobs.  And yes, security is probably an issue - when I worked there Lisa Roberston's stalker walked right up to the front desk and wanted to see her.  There are plenty of bad apples out there who ruin it for the rest of us.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hrs I live in Philly so I am very familiar with the area. QVC may be in West Goshen Twp, but the city is West Chester which is Chester County. My response was to the poster who said QVC was not in West Chester, which it is. Just as I live in the city of Philadelphia, Philadelphia County.

Valued Contributor

Thank you @NewerNickname. We are planning on going back to West Chester this summer and now we'll make it earlier than planned. We visited the studio a couple of years ago. It was one of the best mini vacations ever. The studio store is more than a gift shop and they always display the TSV at the door. Yes, it is small but they do sell a nice variety, especially beauty products. I understand why they are doing this. It could be a security risk with allowing the public to come in and visit. Safety and security must now be at the forefront of any company. We feel in love with the West Chester area and even with the studio closed will visit in the future. It's worth it just to visit two of the nearby QVC stores. I sure picked up some fantastic bargains at those stores.