Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Studio Tour and Store to Close in August 2019

@NewerNickname 

You may want to share this info in the Travel forum, as posters here write about making the QVC tour one of their destinations.

Esteemed Contributor

I have seen Leah, Shawn and Lisa Mason doing on air presentations 

during my visits to QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr 

Your $10.00 probably went to the insurance that covered you during your short time as a guest on the property.

Agreed, old times are indeed gone.

They probably get their share of threats of bodily harm to staff and destruction of property. It's not like they can vet the tour guests before letting them in.

Allowing non-business people access to the property has become too expensive, and potentially dangerous.

Trusted Contributor

I feel so bad to hear this news. We go to Pa every year and we always stop at the QVC store and do the tour.  I will miss going there so much.  I hope that they have more audience shows but if they have stopped the tours, maybe they won't have that either. It is a shame.  It was such fun.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm not surpried, the tours were really just a little gift to their customers.  They served no purpose for QVC and did not generate any revenue.  I imagine the same thing is true of the store, nice for die hard customers but QVC gained nothing from it.  It seems like the new QVC is behaving like the huge multinational corporation that it is.  QVC wants customers who shop and not friends who visit.  

Wrong. Different level of tours at varying prices.  The Studio store is always packed as tour groups come through there daily during operating hours.  It's not just a gift shop.  Real store with real Q items at real Q prices.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Wrong. Different level of tours at varying prices.  The Studio store is always packed as tour groups come through there daily during operating hours.  It's not just a gift shop.  Real store with real Q items at real Q prices.

You are right - real store, real Q stuff, and real Q prices.  But the store is tiny, hence the comparison to a gift shop.  It carries a miniscule but representative sample of Q's offerings (including Scrub Daddy - yes really).

Trusted Contributor

This makes me a bit sad!

I have always wanted to visit the Q!!!!!

Contributor

The tour used to be free if you have a  Q credit card. I don't know if it still is.  I have taken the tour years past and it was $10 but they give you a coupon for $5 to use in the Studio store.

Esteemed Contributor

A friend and I did the tour and really enjoyed seeing the backstage workings. It was so organized and controlled. We saw where items like jewelry were stored and props. Then they let us out on a catwalk we had to be quiet. Jill was on and did such a good job reading cards then walking to the other end of the studio that’s like an open warehouse .

We saw Jeannie Bryce and Carolyn for a live Quacker Factory show. We were given duck whistles!

We had new respect for the hosts after the tour!  Sad to see it go. 

That’s one less benefit for the Q card!

Honored Contributor

Closing tours might be a good idea considering shootings that have been occurring.  Nowadays, businesses, churches, and schools all need armed guards to keep everyone safe.  

It's sad thinking about how safe our country was at one time.