Regular Contributor

QVC Studio Tour and Store to Close in August 2019

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I just read on QVC’s Newsroom page that they’re closing down both the QVC store and stopping studio tours in August. While I never went on the tour, I did visit the store a few times when I was in the West Chester area. So if doing either of these things has been on your “wish list” you have a few more months.  From The QVC Newsroom page: 

April 23, 2019: QVC announced today the discontinuation of the QVC Studio Tour for the public, effective August 2019. The decision comes after careful consideration of the safety and security of the QVC Studio Park work environment and a need to limit public access to ensure a safe and secure workplace.

As part of these changes, the QVC Studio Store will also be closed and the space will be utilized to support QVC’s headquarters in other capacities.

We are grateful to our customers, guests, team members, and local community for their support over the past 22 years that the Studio Tour and Studio Store have been in operation. These changes do not impact QVC’s live audience shows and special event offerings. Please visit the Live Events section of our website to learn more about upcoming events.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Studio Tour and Store to Close in August 2019

Woman Surprised  I wonder if there was an incident.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not surpried, the tours were really just a little gift to their customers.  They served no purpose for QVC and did not generate any revenue.  I imagine the same thing is true of the store, nice for die hard customers but QVC gained nothing from it.  It seems like the new QVC is behaving like the huge multinational corporation that it is.  QVC wants customers who shop and not friends who visit.  

Honored Contributor

The only time I was in a QVC store was at the Mall of America years ago.  That was also when they would sometimes do live broadcasts from there.  I was asked to speak to Lisa Mason while she was on air but I declined.  BTW I am currently wearing the D&C chenille top I bought there, it's more than 15 years old and still in good shape!!!

Esteemed Contributor

It seems that the old ways of doing business are gone. There are many substitutes of clothes, shoes, etc. QVC will présent threir clothes, accompanying shirts, and shoes. QVC will présent those shoes that are NOT cripplers.

Trusted Contributor

I took the regular tour a few times, the All Access tour once,  have been to 2 Live shows and shopped in the Studio Store.

It is interesting to see everything that goes on there behind the scenes.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

have been wanting to go for a couple of years now.

i wonder if i can get there before august?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The new ownership wants nothing to do with the "old" QVC ... handwriting's been on the wall for a while now ...    

The times, they are a changing ... starting with that new Q in the Box logo ... and all that junk on the home page ... can it get any more crowded?

Same with HSN ... barely recognizable now ... just a clone of this one.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, that's too bad. I have been there several times, being that I live here in PA.

I would have liked to go at least once more. My sister and I enjoyed our visit there

and bought a few things at the store. Even took my daughter when she was younger. 

Another fun thing soon to be no more.Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

The studio tours aren’t free. At least that’s what a friend of mine told me who took it last year.Can anybody speak to that who has gone recently?