Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Starting Black Friday Today Two Thumbs Down!

@Moonchilde wrote:

I have to LOL at all of the "former customers" who post several times a week to announce that they are former customers, never watch, never buy, totally turned off, disappointed in/hate QVC, etc. - but who can't stay away from routinely frequently repeating it all.

If you don't shop here any more and don't watch, even IF QVC reads the forums, they're going to automatically discount your posts. They are not going to care what former customers think, and do not believe that "if only", such customers would buy again. Besides, if you don't watch any more, how would you know if/what they change? You're not watching. 

When there are more former customers than current customers, they will change their tune.   

Respected Contributor

Seven weeks is  small window to get all that merchandise sold. I used to work retail on Black Friday, day after Christmas and New Year's Day.Really changed my view of people to manipuative, greedy, rude and selfish. But had to keep that smile on.

Respected Contributor

Elaborate decorating and gifting expectations drive the retailers to barrage us earlier every year. I think (the collective) we brought this upon ourselves when we started putting up multiple trees, decorating every room in the house (there is a Christmas version of almost every kitchen and bath item), and creating elaborate outdoor displays. Unfortunately I only have so much time, energy, and money reserves to pursue the "perfect" Christmas. I stay away from the Christmas movie programming until Thanksgiving and try to ignore the Christmas trees on the Q sets until then too. The worst for me is the callers and hosts who began saying "Merry Christmas" to each other when Halloween was yet a month away. 

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

. I think (the collective) we brought this upon ourselves when we started putting up multiple trees, decorating every room in the house (there is a Christmas version of almost every kitchen and bath item), and creating elaborate outdoor displays. Unfortunately I only have so much time, energy, and money reserves to pursue the "perfect" Christmas.

@SunValleyI'm not included in that collective "we."  I've never even had one Christmas tree or Christmas decoration at my house.  (Jewish)

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee of course I was not referring to folks who do not celebrate Christmas. The "we" was referring to the group that does. 

Valued Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Good grief if it upsets you don't watch.
@Sooner   Well I don't!   However, I came to this site and there it was on the QVC Home Page, impossible to miss.  That is what my thread is about. 

I don't watch either! I turn it off and go back to work. This is about the (starting in July) non stop Christmas madness on Q and our opinions on it. Good grief..... If you don't want to read OUR opinions skip the thread if it "upsets" you!

Great post! ITA!!!

Honored Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Good grief if it upsets you don't watch.
@Sooner   Well I don't!   However, I came to this site and there it was on the QVC Home Page, impossible to miss.  That is what my thread is about. 

I don't watch either! I turn it off and go back to work. This is about the (starting in July) non stop Christmas madness on Q and our opinions on it. Good grief..... If you don't want to read OUR opinions skip the thread if it "upsets" you!

Great post! ITA!!!

But if I had done that, you folks wouldn't have gotten to offer your own opinions, just like I offered mine.  My opinion is just as valid as yours.  It's downright comical when people get their panties in a bunch over someone else getting upset about something.  ROTFLMAO!

Honored Contributor

As I was flipping around last night, there was a huge Black Friday ad on Evine.  Apparently they are having a big BF event all day tomorrow!

Occasional Contributor

Thank goodness for your post. I agree completely!