Respected Contributor

QVC Social Team no longer helping with refunds?

[ Edited ]

When I have a tracking # for a returned package showing it had been delivered, the QVC Social Team has always been fabulous at giving me a refund within hours of emailing them. I basically only request their help for jewelery, since even after receiving a returned jewelery item, it takes more than a month to get a refund.

@Beth-QVC

I just received a message from "the QVC Social Team" that they would no longer help process returns with tracking #s showing the item was received by QVC.

We all have to use QVC Easy Returns?

I did imediately send the tracking # showing the item had already been returned to QVC to Easy Returns, but days later, no acknowledgement.

The requests before obviously only took moments for the Social Team to give a refund, but the Easy Returns folks are days behind even acknowledging the email (overloaded?).

***From a Customer Service standpoint (I study retail psychology),

the better practice for a sudden policy change is always to provide the former service, then note the new policy for next time. Sigh.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Social Team no longer helping with refunds?

Can't you just call CS for the refund?  i did that yesterday and she looked at the tracking number and could see they were on their way back. 

Trusted Contributor

It may take only minutes for you, but multiply those minutes by however many people make those requests and it can easily be hours.   Once they instituted  Easy Returns, they probably feel the need has been filled. 

Honored Contributor

These forums don't seem to be moderated much any more, so perhaps they are always on the Facebook page.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor - I don't recall the exact date of when the QVC Easy Returns policy and team were put in place..1 or 2 years ago. 

I applaud Q for implementing such a beneficial customer oriented service

The information about this service has been quite visible with specific instructions on the Order Status page. There have been several threads posted about it on the forums including one from me

I've been using this service for all of my returns and exchange transactions. Very very very happy with it

Within a day on average, after I send my email request to QVC Easy Returns, I have received an email confirming that either a credit has been issued for returns or the exchange request has been processed 

Return credits are usually posted within 7 business days. That's before my return package has been delivered to the Q warehouse. I know of no other retailer that issues return credits before receiving the returned product 

Q Social will still provide support for price adjustments for price reductions or defective products but it's not their place to get involved with returns or exchanges. They may no longer have those privileges from a company policy standpoint 

This is not a newly implemented procedure. I suggest you use Easy Returns for all future returns and exchanges and hope you find it to be beneficial. Absolutely no reason to wait for your credits 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@1Professor - wanted to add that it can take a few business days for Easy Returns team to respond to your emails. Most of mine were handled with a day or two, one instance took 5 days. 

And I suggest that you/others monitor your CC bc the return shipping fee will be posted after the warehouse processes the physical return. The shipping fee is not always appropriate - exchanges not able to be fulfilled or defective products should not be charged shipping fees. I've had to send a follow up email to Easy Returns to have the shipping fee credit issued back to me in some instances. 

It's not perfect, but I think a very beneficial customer service option offered to all Q customers 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

Thanks for your experience!

I have, in fact, used Easy Returns. I use it when I have a larger or heavier item, so it makes sense to use the Q label.

Otherwise, I return items (clothes, shoes, handbags) priority postal mail. Only a couple of dollars more than the Q label.

Everything works well EXCEPT JEWELRY.

Long after an item has been returned and received by the Q there is a long delay in getting a refund.

Since the SOCIAL TEAM was so fast when I sent them proof it had been delivered, (hours) I asked them for a refund. 

Worked until I got the notice they won't do that any more.

The several times I used Easy Returns, it was many days before I heard and got credit. Assume they are under-staffed.

When I was told the Social Team wanted me to use Easy Returns, I immediately sent them the message. No answer yet.

Keep in mind THIS ISN'T THE Q LABEL AND WE AREN'T WAITING FOR THE ITEM TO TRAVEL. It already arrived, using USPS Priority.

*** I'm soured on buying jewelry at the Q. Happy news, though since I have more jewelry than a wise person would own.

Sending you smiles!

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Chi-town girl 

Thanks for your experience!

I have, in fact, used Easy Returns. I use it when I have a larger or heavier item, so it makes sense to use the Q label.

Otherwise, I return items (clothes, shoes, handbags) priority postal mail. Only a couple of dollars more than the Q label.

Everything works well EXCEPT JEWELRY.

Long after an item has been returned and received by the Q there is a long delay in getting a refund.

Since the SOCIAL TEAM was so fast when I sent them proof it had been delivered, (hours) I asked them for a refund. 

Worked until I got the notice they won't do that any more.

The several times I used Easy Returns, it was many days before I heard and got credit. Assume they are under-staffed.

When I was told the Social Team wanted me to use Easy Returns, I immediately sent them the message. No answer yet.

Keep in mind THIS ISN'T THE Q LABEL AND WE AREN'T WAITING FOR THE ITEM TO TRAVEL. It already arrived, using USPS Priority.

*** I'm soured on buying jewelry at the Q. Happy news, though since I have more jewelry than a wise person would own.

Sending you smiles!

@1Professor - oh, I now better understand!

I think the Easy Returns process is predicated on customers using the Q prepaid label. That's their notification, visibility and ability to track the item. I always use the prepaid labels for returns and exchanges. I want the immediate credits and to not be responsible for package tracking via my own label. 

I'm sorry that you've been disappointed and I'm sure Q will not be happy to lose your business. Hope you get your credits soon! Have a nice weekend 🤗

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl  Q is only losing my jewelry business.

About which I should curtail!

Honored Contributor

I missed the boat. Can someone tell me how easy returns works?