Honored Contributor

Re: QVC - So you reduce shipping but.........

On 2/20/2015 Pook said:

While I do think that exchanges should have no extra S & H charges, I would think those buying - especially clothing - and have to return so much would find it too cumbersome anyway to order here and have to return so much that isn't to their liking or doesn't fit due to sizing inconsistences or poor quality rather than complaining they have to pay so much for all the returns they make. I don't like the mostly way too conservative clothing sold here so I don't order clothing but I sure wouldn't want to have to return so much even if no extra charges for doing so as it would be a huge inconvenience and I would find a place to shop for clothing that meets my needs better size wise and quality wise.

All true, perhaps, but the idea is for them to sell clothing, and when their shipping, return and exchange policies make it so that customers no longer want to take the chance, you have to posit that they really aren't accomplishing their goal...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Lately I have sent a few items back. I have been a customer since the beginning. However I find that consistency in sizing it's no longer true. My reason for returns. I only buy clothing from two lines that I am fairly sure they are true to size. I don't return haphazardly because it takes time out of my busy life to wrap and get it to the post office. With the new shipping policy I don't think I will be purchasing as much from qvc.
Super Contributor

On 2/19/2015 KYToby said:

If this is such a big concern, then perhaps you are returning too many itmes. In the past, other shoppers -- those of us who rarely,. if ever, return items because we are a bit more discerning in our purchases -- subsidized your returns. No longer!

If someone changes their mind, the least they should do is pay for the cost of packaging and shipping. It is not fair to others who have to pay higher prices who help pay the cost of impulse purchases.

In regards to QVC making money. So what? They are in business. Why do people act as if they are committing some sort o cardinal sin by making a profit?

If you think that this new shipping policy is going to result in lower item costs for you "discerning" shoppers, you are mistaken. You seem to think that QVC'S prices are what they are due to the cost of having to refund original shipping costs. If that's true, then the new policy should result in lower prices for items. Do you really think qvc is going to be lowering prices?
Esteemed Contributor

All apparel for shipping and handling 3 dollars ??? I think not! I just saw a very basic IM T-shirt for 4 dollars in shipping and handling. I think I am about over with the sneakiness of QVC. Which has been mentioned on this thread and many others.

Trusted Contributor

If you check videos put up before the change in shipping, you'll notice item prices have gone up to more than cover the change. Do they not thing we'll notice? The only real change I've seen is: no discount if you order more than one of the same item, and they are stealing return shipping costs. I don't see any of it as a benefit for the consumers. The Q is still wave above any other retailer.

Super Contributor

as long as i have a car and can get to the mall, QVC will not hold me hostage. the only thing i buy is cosmetics that have a bundle to them. that makes it worth a purchase for me.

Regular Contributor

I see that QVC found a way to pass off shipping reduction (LOL) fees to the customer by not refunding the SHIPPING fees. I AM NOW PAYING MORE TO RETURN THE ITEM-PAYING FOR THE RETURN LABEL AND NOT GETTING ONE THING IN RETURN FOR MY CONTINUED CUSTOMER BUYING POWER.

I will now cost me $9.95 to return a small parcel. $6.95 for the return label and $1.00 to get my receipt for mailing. Now add the new $3.00 fee for small items and that is $9.95.

I will now add TEN dollars to any item I see on air or on line to get the TRUE cost. Sorry QVC but this new way to JIP your customers will not wash with me. I will shop A LOT LESS on QVC now and realize I am not getting the best price. I refuse not to be refunded shipping and handling fees on items I PAY to send back to you. I will go to the store and shop Aamzon.

Regular Contributor

Oh my I didn't even do the math correctly it cost me $10.95 to return one under 5lbs. item.

They have so lost me shopping at the Q first again. It is not the best price on line anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/19/2015 Kachina624 said: Of course anything Q does in making changes is going to work to THEIR advantage. I have shut down my buying cold. I've made a purchase each from Evine and HSN and plan to stay away from QVC. I'm bored with it and the hosts are not wearing well on my patience.

And I don't even pay tax at Evine and low S&H w/o punishment for returns. If you return a pair of shoes that don't fit right, they charge $5. for S&H plus $6.95 or $7.95 to return and $5. more dollars to get the right size. That's $l7. or $l8. to exchange b/c their sizing was inconsistent. No more shoes for me. I can do much much better elsewhere and almost everywhere.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/19/2015 KYToby said:

If this is such a big concern, then perhaps you are returning too many itmes. In the past, other shoppers -- those of us who rarely,. if ever, return items because we are a bit more discerning in our purchases -- subsidized your returns. No longer!

If someone changes their mind, the least they should do is pay for the cost of packaging and shipping. It is not fair to others who have to pay higher prices who help pay the cost of impulse purchases.

In regards to QVC making money. So what? They are in business. Why do people act as if they are committing some sort o cardinal sin by making a profit?

Perhaps the shopper who "returns" is actually more "discerning than you in our purchases. They are probably shoppers who like their shoes to fit, their clothes as described. I don't believe your were paying anything for returns. If returns were too many, the Q had access to their "letters" not permitting someone who was thought too many or abusive. The one who pays for returns is the returnee, and the Q just wasn't making enough money!