Regular Contributor

Re: QVC - So you reduce shipping but.........

You just have to look at both ends of the spectrum. If you purchase a higher ticket item like, say Shark vacuum the S&H is $19.22 to return this item, if unhappy for any reason it will cost you $10.95 for the Q return sticker and the one dollar for the mailing receipt (at my local shipping store) and your not getting the original shipping refunded, it would cost you $31.17 just to look at an item costing $199.00.---That's just crazy!

If you purchased an item like a D&C shirt for $36.00 and the shipping is $3.00 and you return it with the Q label, it cost me $ 10.95 just so I can hope it fits and I like it. Who in their right mind will pay 1/3 the cost of the item to just try it?

This new (non-return of original shipping fee) is a total deal breaker for me.

HSN at least has VIP return and will credit your account with spendable Kash for the amount of the return fee! The TSV'S that are under $35.00 no one will want to return because of how much we lose anyway. Why would you even want to try the item?

Maybe QVC should just charge us a yearly membership fee--like Amazon does for Prime, at least I can return as many things as I want to return free and get FULLY refunded for the $8.25 a month the Prime cost.

Imagine buying a TSV like Lock-n-lock for maybe $20.00 and it costing you $10.95 to return it---over 50% of the cost. This would insure the customer will not return it - keep products they are unhappy with and be an unhappy customer.

I can't think of one instance /product that I will "just try it and send it back if I don't like it for any reason" (like stated on air) ever again!

Honored Contributor

Very well said, goldreich. I for one, will now only buy items that offer free shipping, or non-clothing items so fit won't be a concern. As for charging an annual fee to get free shipping on everything, if they make that optional like Amazon does, it would work for some customers. But the Q may lose too much money on their end, with out-of-control returns.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I just can't fathom how they thought this policy was going to work... Unless they assume that the vast majority of customers either don't care what they pay for shipping (which would clearly not appear to be the case) or are too dense not to realize that the only one benefiting from these changes is QVC. I've ordered one small item since' the change' and it's an item I already know will work. We're talking kitchen shears here... they cost five dollars to ship, by the way. I've ordered them before so know they're good. Anything where there's any potential for doubt, well, really Q, why would I order it from you anymore....? It's just simply not happening... So right away, you're ruled out anything unfamiliar. Of course, given QVC these days is all about repeating the same brands and items, who knows...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 stevieb said:

I just can't fathom how they thought this policy was going to work... Unless they assume that the vast majority of customers either don't care what they pay for shipping (which would clearly not appear to be the case) or are too dense not to realize that the only one benefiting from these changes is QVC. I've ordered one small item since' the change' and it's an item I already know will work. We're talking kitchen shears here... they cost five dollars to ship, by the way. I've ordered them before so know they're good. Anything where there's any potential for doubt, well, really Q, why would I order it from you anymore....? It's just simply not happening... So right away, you're ruled out anything unfamiliar. Of course, given QVC these days is all about repeating the same brands and items, who knows...

Exactly! Most of the offerings lately are items with which we're already familiar. So there's no risk of having to lose money returning them.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/23/2015 goldreich27 said:

You just have to look at both ends of the spectrum. If you purchase a higher ticket item like, say Shark vacuum the S&H is $19.22 to return this item, if unhappy for any reason it will cost you $10.95 for the Q return sticker and the one dollar for the mailing receipt (at my local shipping store) and your not getting the original shipping refunded, it would cost you $31.17 just to look at an item costing $199.00.---That's just crazy!

If you purchased an item like a D&C shirt for $36.00 and the shipping is $3.00 and you return it with the Q label, it cost me $ 10.95 just so I can hope it fits and I like it. Who in their right mind will pay 1/3 the cost of the item to just try it?

This new (non-return of original shipping fee) is a total deal breaker for me.

HSN at least has VIP return and will credit your account with spendable Kash for the amount of the return fee! The TSV'S that are under $35.00 no one will want to return because of how much we lose anyway. Why would you even want to try the item?

Maybe QVC should just charge us a yearly membership fee--like Amazon does for Prime, at least I can return as many things as I want to return free and get FULLY refunded for the $8.25 a month the Prime cost.

Imagine buying a TSV like Lock-n-lock for maybe $20.00 and it costing you $10.95 to return it---over 50% of the cost. This would insure the customer will not return it - keep products they are unhappy with and be an unhappy customer.

I can't think of one instance /product that I will "just try it and send it back if I don't like it for any reason" (like stated on air) ever again!

Same here. And I'm voting with my wallet.

I was considering ordering the GILI backpack TSV as a gift, but if I don't like it and need to return, I'm out more than $20.00.

With the exception of a few pieces here and there of Linea clothing for which I already know my size, and maybe a beauty TSV if it's a super good deal and is a product I already use, there is NOTHING that the Q offers that I can't live without.

25 years a shopper here; thanks for the memories as I am done.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Not applicable

Ok...I have NEVER posted on something like this before but I am so irritated by QVC and moreso by others who are trying to say that we, who may need to return items that don't fit (I am big -boobed...lol) not because we are not "discerning" but because the cheaper cut of clothes lately on QVC are NOT cut to the measurements posted. I have been a QVC ADDICT for over 18 years; probably ordering about $10,000 a year...I stopped going to malls and was thrilled with QVC. Over the years, their prices have outpaced the stores, their quality has dropped and now they don't refund original shipping. Why would I buy clothes at their high prices when now I can't even get a refund on the original shipping (no problem having to pay return shipping) if the quality blows or if the sizing is off? What a dumb move?

On a totally unrelated note, why is it some of the QVC hosts and even guests find the need to SHOUT, SCREECH and CACKLE (Jacque or Jackie G. however you spell it) to the point it hurts to listen to them? Do they not realize some of us like to relax watching TV? It amazes me nobody has said anything to these guys? Shouting at me is not going to entice me to buy something? Cackling so loud it makes my head hurt only makes me change the channel.

What happened to the good 'ol QVC? Maybe it's just me and I am getting old...lol..

Either way, no recent improvements have been good ones for the viewer/customer....just my two cents. Sorry for any flaws in posting....Again, literally my first try at posting....

Happy shopping to y'all from New Jersey! (Bon Jovi country...lol...)

Honored Contributor

Welcome, new poster, from another relative newbie. Good post!
Occasional Contributor

I have written on here many times about the S&H charges, besides the prices of most of the clothing are higher! I have shopped with QVC also from the beginning, but all this new stuff that they are pulling, is not helping the customers! I have gone back to HSN, and also looking at the EVINE channel, their prices are reasonable! When HSN has a sale, its a sale, besides including a lot of free S&H! QVC your act is getting stale, and hope a lot of you gals wake up, and stop buying until they come to their senses! They are NOT HELPING US AT ALL!
Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 handygal said:
On 2/24/2015 stevieb said:

Exactly! Most of the offerings lately are items with which we're already familiar. So there's no risk of having to lose money returning them.

Precisely, and I didn't want them the first ten times they were shown...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...