Contributor

QVC - So you reduce shipping but.........

So I was excited with the lower ship rate. Now I am reading that if we return an item, the original shipping charge will NOT be refunded unless defective.. QVC, this is not going to work...So basically you reduced shippping but will make up for that big time with not refunding original shipping charges...I will not shop this way!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC - So you reduce shipping but.........

Some have posted they also raised the price of some items to cover lower shipping costs. Meanwhile, some items continue with higher shipping even with the change. Sounds like a win-win... for QVC, anyway...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

That's how it works. You get excited about something but you know they're going to make it up in some other way.

Trusted Contributor

If this is such a big concern, then perhaps you are returning too many itmes. In the past, other shoppers -- those of us who rarely,. if ever, return items because we are a bit more discerning in our purchases -- subsidized your returns. No longer!

If someone changes their mind, the least they should do is pay for the cost of packaging and shipping. It is not fair to others who have to pay higher prices who help pay the cost of impulse purchases.

In regards to QVC making money. So what? They are in business. Why do people act as if they are committing some sort o cardinal sin by making a profit?

Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2015 KYToby said:

If this is such a big concern, then perhaps you are returning too many itmes. In the past, other shoppers -- those of us who rarely,. if ever, return items because we are a bit more discerning in our purchases -- subsidized your returns. No longer!

If someone changes their mind, the least they should do is pay for the cost of packaging and shipping. It is not fair to others who have to pay higher prices who help pay the cost of impulse purchases.

In regards to QVC making money. So what? They are in business. Why do people act as if they are committing some sort o cardinal sin by making a profit?

If the non-returners were subsidizing the returns when they were free, why haven't the prices of everything now gone down? If anything, they've gone UP. Just sayin' .....
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2015 KYToby said:

Perhaps there are some people who order things with the intent to use them and return them, but I don't think this is how most of us manage our purchases... I don't believe most people order with the notion of returning an item just for kicks... Buying sight unseen is fraught with pitfalls. The color might not be as it appeared on TV or on the computer... Despite the size ordered, the item might be too big or too small or just plain unflattering... Perhaps upon receipt, the lack of quality it glaring... The item, in real life, is just simply very different than anticipated... In your world, apparently, we should all pay-pay-pay regardless, simply because it helps out poor old QVC... No, no, and no...

No one disputes that QVC is in the business to make money and any reasonable person doesn't begrudge them that reality, but they can't continue to do so by trying to dupe customers. There are legitimate reasons for most returns and if QVC wanted to address serial returners, there were better ways to do it. Moreover, some have noted price increases concomitant with 'lower' shipping costs and others have noted there is no longer any discount for ordering multiple items. One then has to wonder how many ways QVC needs to use shipping gamesmanship as a way to increase profits... If they want to increase profits then maybe they need to move away from their oft touted but stale and apparently questionably successful business plan...

Valued Contributor

Well said Stevieb!!
Honored Contributor

Of course anything Q does in making changes is going to work to THEIR advantage. I have shut down my buying cold. I've made a purchase each from Evine and HSN and plan to stay away from QVC. I'm bored with it and the hosts are not wearing well on my patience.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2015 Kachina624 said: Of course anything Q does in making changes is going to work to THEIR advantage. I have shut down my buying cold. I've made a purchase each from Evine and HSN and plan to stay away from QVC. I'm bored with it and the hosts are not wearing well on my patience.

I agree with you. QVC has crossed one line too many. There's just nothing really left to recommend it anymore. I can't say I've gone cold turkey, but I'm leaning in the direction of doing so too.

Honored Contributor

While I do think that exchanges should have no extra S & H charges, I would think those buying - especially clothing - and have to return so much would find it too cumbersome anyway to order here and have to return so much that isn't to their liking or doesn't fit due to sizing inconsistences or poor quality rather than complaining they have to pay so much for all the returns they make. I don't like the mostly way too conservative clothing sold here so I don't order clothing but I sure wouldn't want to have to return so much even if no extra charges for doing so as it would be a huge inconvenience and I would find a place to shop for clothing that meets my needs better size wise and quality wise.